Av Treasure Club Chili Cookout Oct 7,8 & 9

For those of you who live in Ca (& elsewhere) if you would like to be "my guest" at our 160 acre claim in the vicinity of the Schmidt Burro tunnel(sp?) side of the El Paso mountains the weekend of Oct 7,8 & 9 PM me back. I know it's short notice but thought I'd throw it out there. When I was 1st starting prospecting I could have used some "local knowledge" to get tips on dry washing & detecting for gold. I have one 6000 owner coming from Nevada to try his luck on the claim I found 2 nice nuggets so I thought what the heck I'll just invite some others such as Gold Catcher, GotAU and others who have PM'd me. You know who you are.

I had hoped to have the new Garrett by now to go over the claim where I found the 2 nuggets but who knows when that will happen!!! I'm hearing December now...GREAT!! Thx Garrett..just in time for winter! One DP member offered to let me use his 6000 while he uses his 7000 and we split the finds. That works for me! All others of you...I doubt you have a 6 or 7 both, so until I FINALLY get my Garrett and go over the claim myself you won't get that same deal. What you will get is access to the AV claim as well as me showing you the Red Chispa and Taft side of the mountains. The Nevada guy and I are moving over there after Oct9.

Gold Catcher did a nice write up with pics of the El Paso mountains quite awhile ago but he left out many areas of interest. I suggest to all of you who come either this weekend on on your own sometime to 1st stop and get an area map from the BLM on Hwy 14 (right at the Garlock junction ) which shows many points of interest. Such as the old Talc mines, the "Rock House", Schmidt Burro tunnel etc. etc. 

PS: An honest to goodness off road vehicle is necessary to see some things...a 4 wheel drive truck won't make it!

image.thumb.jpeg.499c1cc688d635ea566dae176004acb6.jpeg

• Like 7

Sounds like fun and wish I could join in, but I have had to get back to the Gulf for some emergency work with a sub.

Have fun and stay safe don't want them snakes to get you.

Thanks for reaching out with the invite. I’ve already committed that weekend to Placer Pete’s outing over at Coogardie . The claims owners will be giving some classes on different prospecting techniques plus land geology. I need all the help and info I can get. 

Another time then! I am showing the Nevada resident around both sides of the El Paso and he is letting me use his 6000 while he uses another detector and we will split the finds. Then at some point when I FINALLY get the new Garrett he will show me around Gold Basin. That's what I call teamwork!