Devil's Tongue Park Probe Hunt At A Campground

Nicely done Bob, Love the little owl. It reminds me of the owl in the movie Clash of the Titans. I believe the owls name was Bubo or something like that. Ken does make some really durable tools that work really well. I know you have been on a tear with the costume jewelry but I smell gold in your future. Keep at it, That was a great post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dogodog said:

I smell gold in your future.

Haha, maybe next year. I'm done after this coming weekend with anything but the fields, you should come down with your stick and pinpointer. 😁

Here's my favorite disappointment of the year found on a beach hunt recently:20220926_213119.thumb.jpg.5d6ec54da6a86d448b23e395ede6e7cd.jpg20220926_171910.thumb.jpg.5eeb3ea12fb7183d7ba1f1521a0e7c93.jpg

Total honker but sadly tungsten carbide. Wow these things get ya! The heart attack ended quickly when I read the hallmarks 🤣

I did get the 2 14k rings earlier this year tho. 🤔 I'll take it.

• Like 7

That tungsten ring really looks good for a junker. Middle is pretty cool looking. All the kiddie bling your about due for a good one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice haul Bob! I still say, that place has not given you your best find yet! Just a matter of time, and maybe another detector, and/or frequency shift! And getting the coil over the "right" spot!!🍀💍  And personally, I like titanium rings; may not be as valuable, but definitely more fashionable! And you've got a good collection going!😁

Also just a reminder for others, Ken can custom make longer lengths of the park probe! I have an original, and a "footlong" as I call it! He can also make the tip to either a straight blade, or the curved! I prefer the curved footlong myself!! Works better in my types of soil! IMO!!👍👍

• Like 7

Great hunting with the different soil conditions, I would like to know which day produced more good items.

Seems like I have had better luck with a moist soil.

Loved the owl.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunting with the different soil conditions, I would like to know which day produced more good items.

Seems like I have had better luck with a moist soil.

Loved the owl.

Thanks VL!

It was pretty even, 20 coins the first day and 22 the next. The first day I spent less time in the field.

I got the owl and the broken snake ring the first day. Despite the dry, the detector seemed more accurate. When it was wet, it seemed to find more deep stuff.

• Like 4

Outta likes but tried to give a few on this thread !

Good lookin' haul  !  I'd recc re-baiting the traps !🤪

My bud down in Smithfield  just told me the sun has returned in your neck of the woods !!!   Ian was the gift that kept on giving...

2 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Outta likes but tried to give a few on this thread !

Good lookin' haul  !  I'd recc re-baiting the traps !🤪

My bud down in Smithfield  just told me the sun has returned in your neck of the woods !!!   Ian was the gift that kept on giving...

Thanks RVP!

I'm hoping the traps were re-baited a bit, but that pesky storm hung around here from Friday to yesterday morning. Sun didn't come out until yesterday evening. We got over 7" of rain in 5 days.

Heading back there, big fall festival. It's going to warm up into the 70s. Now the ground is saturated I'll be bringing my Predator shovel. 😈