Devil's Tongue Park Probe Hunt At A Campground

Nicely done Bob, Love the little owl. It reminds me of the owl in the movie Clash of the Titans. I believe the owls name was Bubo or something like that. Ken does make some really durable tools that work really well. I know you have been on a tear with the costume jewelry but I smell gold in your future. Keep at it, That was a great post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dogodog said:

I smell gold in your future.

Haha, maybe next year. I'm done after this coming weekend with anything but the fields, you should come down with your stick and pinpointer. ๐Ÿ˜

Here's my favorite disappointment of the year found on a beach hunt recently:20220926_213119.thumb.jpg.5d6ec54da6a86d448b23e395ede6e7cd.jpg20220926_171910.thumb.jpg.5eeb3ea12fb7183d7ba1f1521a0e7c93.jpg

Total honker but sadly tungsten carbide. Wow these things get ya! The heart attack ended quickly when I read the hallmarks ๐Ÿคฃ

I did get the 2 14k rings earlier this year tho. ๐Ÿค” I'll take it.

• Like 7

That tungsten ring really looks good for a junker. Middle is pretty cool looking. All the kiddie bling your about due for a good one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ย  ย Nice haul Bob! I still say, that place has not given you your best find yet! Just a matter of time, and maybe another detector, and/or frequency shift! And getting the coil over the "right" spot!!๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’ย  And personally, I like titanium rings; may not be as valuable, but definitely more fashionable! And you've got a good collection going!๐Ÿ˜

ย  ย Also just a reminder for others, Ken can custom make longer lengths of the park probe! I have an original, and a "footlong" as I call it! He can also make the tip to either a straight blade, or the curved! I prefer the curved footlong myself!! Works better in my types of soil! IMO!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 7

Great hunting with the different soil conditions, I would like to know which day produced more good items.

Seems like I have had better luck with a moist soil.

Loved the owl.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunting with the different soil conditions, I would like to know which day produced more good items.

Seems like I have had better luck with a moist soil.

Loved the owl.

Thanks VL!

It was pretty even, 20 coins the first day and 22 the next. The first day I spent less time in the field.

I got the owl and the broken snake ring the first day. Despite the dry, the detector seemed more accurate. When it was wet, it seemed to find more deep stuff.

• Like 4

Outta likes but tried to give a few on this thread !

Good lookin' haulย  !ย  I'd recc re-baiting the traps !๐Ÿคช

ย 

My bud down in Smithfieldย  just told me the sun has returned in your neck of the woods !!!ย  ย Ian was the gift that kept on giving...

2 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Outta likes but tried to give a few on this thread !

Good lookin' haulย  !ย  I'd recc re-baiting the traps !๐Ÿคช

ย 

My bud down in Smithfieldย  just told me the sun has returned in your neck of the woods !!!ย  ย Ian was the gift that kept on giving...

Thanks RVP!

I'm hoping the traps were re-baited a bit, but that pesky storm hung around here from Friday to yesterday morning. Sun didn't come out until yesterday evening. We got over 7" of rain in 5 days.

Heading back there, big fall festival. It's going to warm up into the 70s. Now the ground is saturated I'll be bringing my Predator shovel. ๐Ÿ˜ˆย