Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

I've been watching an Australian dealers stock level of the 17x13" for the GPZ, it hasn't changed at all, same number he had days ago and he only has a couple.  They're not exactly flying off the shelves.  The 6000 coils are more likely to be the ones with big demand.  I've cut my order down to one instead of the two I was getting and if it wasn't for the new EMI fix for the 6000 I'd scrap my order completely as I'm sick of waiting, especially when the goal posts keep changing,   This same thing happened with the 12" Z-Search for over a year, then it was a massive disappointment, for me at least.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:
On 10/4/2022 at 9:19 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

It's late in the year, and so anyone thinking new detectors and coils might as well adjust their thinking into being a "next year" sort of thing. Axiom, Manticore, new coils... we should have them all by spring.

Expand  

It sounds like the Axiom was already more or less on par with the 6000 months ago. Unless they are still tweaking hardware, I would think it'd be in their best interests to get the Axiom out before that. Do some firmware updates as needed via air drop to customers.

A lightweight 8000 showing up out of the blue would take a lot of attention and sales away, especially since the prerelease excitement of the Axiom was burned and gone early.

I hope the changes and tweaks are worth it. Seems like now would be the time to release if at all possible, as time is not on Garrett's side here. The 6000 fix is already going to lose customers for them if some people can make do with what they have.

I know you are on the inside Steve, and your opinions are more than opinions in matters like that. But from the outside, I wonder why the delay. AZ nugget season will be over by spring too, making 2 seasons missed by the Axiom since it's announcement, if it's not released until then.

8 hours ago, jasong said:

It sounds like the Axiom was already more or less on par with the 6000 months ago. Unless they are still tweaking hardware, I would think it'd be in their best interests to get the Axiom out before that. Do some firmware updates as needed via air drop to customers.

A lightweight 8000 showing up out of the blue would take a lot of attention and sales away, especially since the prerelease excitement of the Axiom was burned and gone early.

I hope the changes and tweaks are worth it. Seems like now would be the time to release if at all possible, as time is not on Garrett's side here. The 6000 fix is already going to lose customers for them if some people can make do with what they have.

I know you are on the inside Steve, and your opinions are more than opinions in matters like that. But from the outside, I wonder why the delay. AZ nugget season will be over by spring too, making 2 seasons missed by the Axiom since it's announcement, if it's not released until then.

Delay is a perception. Garrett said a new detector was on the way. Then work continued, and will continue, until they think the detector is ready to ship. It's that simple. Yeah, you can update after the fact, but first impressions also matter. I never thought it was anything but a "by the end of the year sort of thing" and have said so repeatedly. Been no delay at all from my perspective.

That said, I think the pie is almost done. You will almost certainly see Axiom shipping before the end of the year. Manticore probably after the first of the year. The coils, somewhere in between.

But back to delay as a perception. I think the Axiom is two years too late. Can you imagine the impact this would have had two years ago, before the 6000 existed as a known product? As good or better than any other Minelab detector except the GPZ 7000, but half its weight, and half its price? That window was wide open until Minelab largely closed it with the GPX 6000. I told everyone who would listen since the moment I held a prototype ATX that ergonomics was the low hanging fruit. A lightweight ATX a year after the ATX itself would have made waves. Axiom before GPX 6000 could have not only been a game changer, but would have beat this current strong dollar environment, that will hurt it a lot overseas.

Late? Yeah, it's late. So late it will be very hard for Garrett to move the needle now, whereas two years ago it would have been a walk in the park. Timing is actually everything, and I'm frustrated beyond belief that this was not a priority ten years ago.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Delay is a perception. Garrett said a new detector was on the way. Then work continued, and will continue, until they think the detector is ready to ship. It's that simple. Yeah, you can update after the fact, but first impressions also matter. I never thought it was anything but a "by the end of the year sort of thing" and have said so repeatedly. Been no delay at all from my perspective.

That said, I think the pie is almost done. You will almost certainly see Axiom shipping before the end of the year. Manticore probably after the first of the year. The coils, somewhere in between.

But back to delay as a perception. I think the Axiom is two years too late. Can you imagine the impact this would have had two years ago, before the 6000 existed as a known product? As good or better than any other Minelab detector except the GPZ 7000, but half its weight, and half its price? That window was wide open until Minelab largely closed it with the GPX 6000. I told everyone who would listen since the moment I held a prototype ATX that ergonomics was the low hanging fruit. A lightweight ATX a year after the ATX itself would have made waves. Axiom before GPX 6000 could have not only been a game changer, but would have beat this current strong dollar environment, that will hurt it a lot overseas.

Late? Yeah, it's late. So late it will be very hard for Garrett to move the needle now, whereas two years ago it would have been a walk in the park. Timing is actually everything, and I'm frustrated beyond belief that this was not a priority ten years ago.

Agree with all that for sure!

I said delay because as soon as prepayments are accepted for any kind of product, it generates a perception that shipping is imminent (as in a month or two max) - just in general. One doesn't normally think of 6 months, or no ETA, though one could certainly find examples where that is the case (Telsa products come to mind). But also there was some stuff like some websites saying Axiom in September, then October, etc.

I just would really like Garrett to succeed here. Even more than ever, today. Indisputably a big part of their success with the coin machines earlier on was the lucky coincidence that a lot of people who spoke the loudest ended up using them (aka - the big Youtubers). A lot of people who speak the loudest and talk the most in the prospecting world may have moved on already though if it's next spring (by this I mean if ML has released a lighter GPZ, but obviously we can't predict that either), I just wanted to say it out loud. 

I'm all for the best possible product. I just wanted to point out that if something is down to small adjustments or tweaks, it may be better to actually get it into peoples hands when time seems to be of the essence and tweaks can be done via firmware. But again, I know nothing from the inside, just a prospector looking in. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jasong said:

I said delay because as soon as prepayments are accepted for any kind of product, it generates a perception that shipping is imminent (as in a month or two max) - just in general.

Jason, it's been like this with every new detector announced for years. The only exception maybe was the Deus 2. The Axiom is nowhere close to setting records yet compared to other models.

If metal detector companies told dealers they wanted payment in advance for detectors, dealers would laugh at them. Literally. Any dealers taking prepayments are getting ahead of themselves.

Personally, as a dealer in the past, I never took money for detectors until I had product in hand to deliver, unless it was some kind of special order item. I created waiting lists. Why do they need your money? Make a list. When detectors arrive, call first person on list. Anyone on list not ready with credit card number, call next person.

It's simple. Dealers doing anything else are using your money, and trying hard to lock you into making a purchase now, one that you might decide against later. Frankly, I never did it just because I knew very well delays happen, and I got tired of customers yelling at me because of the delay. It was funny, because there are people who practically insist you take a deposit. Well, for people like that, there are plenty of people willing to take it. :smile:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It's simple. Dealers doing anything else are using your money, and trying hard to lock you into making a purchase now, one that you might decide against later. Frankly, I never did it just because I knew very well delays happen, and I got tired of customers yelling at me because of the delay. It was funny, because there are people who practically insist you take a deposit. Well, for people like that, there are plenty of people willing to take it. :smile:

This deserves two thumbs up.

image.jpeg.db30173d6873ad5250ec3f66c7d21382.jpeg

The problem with Nugget Finder is they kept setting dates on the website and never meeting those obligations, it's changed numerous times, this same thing happened with the 12" Z-Search for over a year.  I believe they did it full well knowing they won't be ready in time but didn't want to lose so many sales to Coiltek.  If they said the real date from the start with Coiltek already on the market many more people may have just bought the Coiltek to get out there swinging, now it's been many months already since when they were first saying they'd be released and nothing! just news of more and more delays.   There have been numerous excuses now by Nugget Finder as to the delay, the excuses are compounding with delays causing further delays.

Garrett are fine, they've said end of year, we are not there yet so there is no delay, dodgy dealers have done things wrong in that case, not Garrett.  Nugget Finder is delayed, and it has to be costing them a lot of sales with people giving up and buying the Coiltek.  I only bought Coiltek as they were on the market first, if both were out at the same time I would likely have bought the Nugget Finder coils as I prefer their build quality over Coiltek.  I ended up deciding I'd just get both, now I'm growing tired of the wait and happy enough with the Coiltek's so my NF order has been cut in half, and if this continues too much longer I'll just give up and not even bother for now and wait and see others reports if I think they're even worth buying and the 11" when you get a good one is still the best coil available, other than having a range of sizes which can be beneficial the 11" is still the most sensitive coil on the market for the 6000.  What's more the coil I want the most is the one that is even further delayed, the little Sadie style is going to be last off the rank.

Don't believe the marketing saying the smaller coils are more sensitive, bundle wound!!!! yes their edges are but not the coil overall, and I think NF is also bundle wound, and most certainly will be in the Sadie so it's up in the air if it will be more sensitive than the 11".  Quieter running yes, bundle wound, but not more sensitive.

I'm sure they'll get there in the end and the coils will hit the market and they will be great coils, but in the meantime more and more people will buy the competition.

• Like 1

Hey Jason,

I'm sure your used GPX 6000 will sell.  I'm still selling new ones, but it has slowed down a bit due to many waiting to see what the Axiom does.  You might have taken my comment out of content when I said the GPX 6000 Coiltek coils are selling very well and you might of thought I was referring to GPX 6000 metal detectors.  The Coiltek coils, mostly the small 10x5 and 14x9 are selling very well, but detectors have slowed down a bit.  

I have a large pre-order list for the Garrett Axiom, Nugget Finder GPX 6000 coils and Nugget Finder GPZ 17x13 coil.  I don't like to take any funds in advance, I just add you to a list, first ones on the list will have first shot of what inventory I have on hand when they arrive. Some customers insist they must pay ahead to be guaranteed a item, but it's not required from us.  

It's going to be an interesting Winter season with new detectors and coils.  I'm hoping that only means more gold for the end user.  

Good luck,

Rob

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: there is always a chance this is false information, it's not first hand, NF haven't said why there are delays.  People can and do lie.

Some bad news for Nugget Finder and of course for those like myself waiting on their GPX 6000 coils.  It appears Miners Den an Australian Minelab Dealer has told customers that the GPX 6000 coils that have been made already were all wired incorrectly, I heard hundreds of them were made months ago waiting on the chips to be programmed so they've had to start again as they couldn't re-use the ones they've done, it must be the wiring of the coil cable inside the coil to the security chip or something that they got wrong as if it was the plug end you'd think they could just put a new plug end on them, unless that makes the cable too short or something, so weird of a mistake to make.  This explains the ongoing delays though.

Another guy has backed this up saying he knew about it but was told it in confidence but it's out of the bag now with Miners Den telling people on the waiting list.  People are discussing it on the GPX 6000 facebook group.

A sad situation for Nugget Finder, seems they're having a bad run lately and this only makes it worse.  I hope they bounce back from it, the costs of a mistake like that must be huge for a small family business.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 5