Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

Its not a hoax, there IS a delay due to some sort of stuff-up AFTER the chips were delivered. I got word of it back on the 10th. 

If it is indeed just a chip wiring issue, then it is just a minor modification coz all the chips are delivered pre-coded. No way that ML would ever allow any 3rd party to code them themselves.  

Just now, Aureous said:

Its not a hoax, there IS a delay due to some sort of stuff-up AFTER the chips were delivered. I got word of it back on the 10th. 

If it is indeed just a chip wiring issue, then it is just a minor modification coz all the chips are delivered pre-coded. No way that ML would ever allow any 3rd party to code them themselves.  

It's Minelab that program them.

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's Minelab that program them

I understood that Coiltek received theirs pre-coded. 

• 3 weeks later...

I said half-jokingly months ago that  'I hope it aint an early Xmas present to myself'........Prophetic it seems....:rolleyes:

I wonder what would happen to the Coiltek coils under the same squeeze testing conditions

GC

I wonder how they know the testing they do on coils is beyond that of other brands?  Squeezing, flexing and bumping a coil is something you would expect from any coil manufacturer that hand makes coils would do to ensure their coil works how it should when they get it.  Mass produced coils like the standard coils are the ones that likely don't get this treatment.  It is good they are not bowing to pressure and releasing substandard coils though, certainly worth waiting for better made ones.

There seems to be a long line of reasons why they're always delayed as the chip programming was causing delays months ago when they were pending release around that date, that was real, the more recent rumour of the chips being wired incorrectly from Miner Den may not be real and could possibly be the original chip delay excuse that was modified on the grape vine, it is really hard to know with the long line of reasons for delays, hopefully this time they do get one coil out before Christmas, I had that 12x7" on order but I cancelled that and will wait as the Sadie size is the one I really wanted. In the meantime while waiting I purchased the 10x5" as the delays were too much which seems like it'll do the job of the 12x7".  If word gets out the 12x7" is semi-spiral like the stock coil and not bundle that would change my mind though and I'll be ordering again 🙂

The 14x9" put me off the bigger 16x10" coil, too much sensitivity loss for my liking but maybe the 16x10" is better there (semi spiral)

They've also removed the coils off the website, so somethings going on there.

https://www.nuggetfinder.com.au/

• Like 3

11 hours ago, phrunt said:

I wonder how they know the testing they do on coils is beyond that of other brands? 

Dunno how they know, but I believe them.

Every Coiltek I've ever owned since the 4500 came out has either been knock sensitive new out of the bag, or developed knock sensitivity within the first season or two, or had a bad cable. Right up to my latest Coiltek purchase for my 6000. 

Almost never had any problems with any NF coil I've owned. They are the only manufacturer aside from X Coils that'd I'd chose to buy from, unless there was no other choice, such as in the case of the 6000 right now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jasong said:

lmost never had any problems with any NF coil I've owned.

I absolutely agree. I don't like to bag on coil makers so I won't, but I do like to boost and encourage manufacturers that I respect and whose coils are imho consistently at the top of the heap, and that is Nugget Finder. 

If they say there is a problem, or a delay, I believe them and am more than happy to wait. The product that arrives is always worth it.

• Like 3