Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

Much the same here with NF being my choice or of course X coils. But I weakened and bought the Coiltek 10x5 for the 6K, it is a brilliant coil with considerably more depth and sensitivity than the 11" ML mono, which is unusual as I`ve found round coils usually give more depth.   

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I guess I'm just impatient as they were announced in April, and promoters have been putting up their posts on forums and Youtube showing how good they are with no mention of any issues.

The Coiltek were unsurprisingly also announced in April but they managed to release theirs in June from memory so one has to wonder if NF just announced theirs even though a long way off not to lose too many sales to Coiltek and then just kept having excuses for delays when they were just not ready for the previously announced release dates and were never going to be.

From memory the same thing happened with the 12" Z-search for over a year and then the 17x13" was delayed for however long, I didn't pay much attention to it as I didn't want it.  Most people for the most part seem happy once they eventually get their coil, it's just a shame the way they're delayed/released as it is so frustrating.

I'm keeping my Sadie order as I really want that coil but they lost me in the two other sizes, and Coiltek got those sales as they had them on the market on time and so far I'm happy enough with them, big sizes are not for me on the 6000 though with the sensitivity loss on smaller gold which is what I'm chasing with the 6000 but the 10x5" is quite good, the 11" stock is still the best coil overall I think at the moment, hopefully Nugget Finder can improve on that though, there has been no mention of their winding type so I can only assume they're bundle wound too as if they were different it would be used for marketing.  It would be awesome if anyone can find out if the larger sizes are semi spiral as it would certainly change my mind on if I'm going to order the other sizes or not, no point buying coils so similar in size and winding configuration to those I already have.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jasong said:

Every Coiltek I've ever owned since the 4500 came out has either been knock sensitive new out of the bag, or developed knock sensitivity within the first season or two, or had a bad cable

Same, at least with those bought in the last 5 years. Prior to this, the Goldstalker range was good, never had any issues with those.

• Like 1

Hey here's an idea, why doesn't someone write Rohan and ask him how the coils are wound. It might cut short all the spit-balling and get some actual information. I have found Rohan is usually a good communicator if he has a moment. Why not give it a try?

14 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

Hey here's an idea, why doesn't someone write Rohan and ask him how the coils are wound. It might cut short all the spit-balling and get some actual information. I have found Rohan is usually a good communicator if he has a moment. Why not give it a try?

No reply when I did a month or two ago.   With the older GPX series the winding type was a big marketing feature for coils, with the GPX it's all hush hush, no one wants to say what they're using, Coiltek did when directly asked but they don't declare it in advertising.  It's all a bit odd.

• Like 1

At this point any Nugget Finder coils in the hands of the dealers in the U.S. will be helpful. A lot of sells are going to other manufacturers due to NF being out of stock. I’m still holding out for a couple of the bigger Evo coils due to the improvement I have experienced with that line.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 4:41 PM, Rob Allison said:

We have a pre-order list on the GPZ and GPX 6000 NF coils

Where is your pre-order list? Is there a place on your website (I looked and didn't see one), or should we call you?

Merry Christmas Rob.

On 10/4/2022 at 8:19 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

It's late in the year, and so anyone thinking new detectors and coils might as well adjust their thinking into being a "next year" sort of thing. Axiom, Manticore, new coils... we should have them all by spring.

Can't resist, gotta say "I told you so". Axiom and Manticore though actually arrive a little faster than I thought, just beating year end but it was a close thing. May as well be spring as far as I am concerned because it may not have been winter in October, but it sure as heck is now, and I knew that was going to be the case when I posted back in October.

Nugget Finder is taking longer than I expected by only a tiny bit. I must say I'm kind of surprised that people are in so much of a hurry they will just buy whatever is first, instead of waiting.

• Like 1

The problem with Nugget Finder is they kept setting approximate dates and then never met them, happened over and over again which has annoyed a LOT of people and has become a bit of a running joke on social media, in situations like this you're better off just saying you don't know a date but you're working as hard as you can to get them out but I guess with Coiltek selling theirs the pressure was on as so many people bought them that may have bought the NF coils.  It's looking like its happening again now when they said they'd have the 12x7" out by Christmas, it's not looking likely although they may do it.    The latest update we saw is below.

"It is now my mission to have the 12x7 version of the Xceed coils into the shops before Christmas with the 16x10 to follow early in 2023. "

Their website has been "under construction" for weeks now too, so there is no new source of information unless you can be bothered emailing them, I have emailed a few times trying to find out if their coils are bundle or semi-spiral, never once had a response from them, emails ignored.  I even tried it from different email accounts.  I guess they know if they're bundle and it gets to the public not as many people will order seeing the Coiltek's are bundle too.  I'm expecting the Sadie and 12x7 to be bundle, they just have to be to fit the windings but the 16x10" could be semi spiral and if so that'd be a great coil, much like the stock coil sensitivity with good ground coverage.

I've dropped my order back to the Sadie and I don't care now when it comes, it will likely be mid next year and then detecting is over for me then anyway as winter kicks in.  If they're timed that they make it out before our Southern Hemisphere winter that would suit the Aussies well being their best detecting time and they'd be the biggest market for them by far.  I do think the Sadie will be a great coil though, they must consider it their least popular option being the last to market though.

I'm fortune I can just slap the 8" coil on my GPZ and not even care.