Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

23 hours ago, phrunt said:

The problem with Nugget Finder is they kept setting approximate dates and then never met them, happened over and over again which has annoyed a LOT of people and has become a bit of a running joke on social media, in situations like this you're better off just saying you don't know a date but you're working as hard as you can to get them out but I guess with Coiltek selling theirs the pressure was on as so many people bought them that may have bought the NF coils.  It's looking like its happening again now when they said they'd have the 12x7" out by Christmas, it's not looking likely although they may do it.

Which is why over and over I tell people not to get their hopes up over dates, just so they don't get disappointed and bent out of shape when it does not happen. It's the very reason why, when Scott posted, my response basically was "chill out dude, relax, they will get here when they get here." But yeah, the manufacturers create their own issues in that regard. It used to be they were simply trying to beat each other to market with physical product. Now, it seems they try to beat each other to market with announcements, each trying to head the other one off. It's like this stuff for sale for Christmas now being in stores before Halloween in October! That is a direct result of years of one guy trying to be one day ahead of the other guys, and now look where we are. And seriously, look at the Nokta PI and Legend, both years in the making, and still waiting on that PI. A few months for a coil is nothing by comparison.

I posted this recently on another thread, but if anything it is more applicable here. Expectation is the root cause of disappointment. Keep your expectations low, and your disappointments will be also. :smile:

Expectations: The Root of Disappointment | by Vince Fabra | Medium
source: miro.medium.com

• Like 4

Is it completely odd they won't reply about the winding type in the coils, in previous coils for other detectors it was used for marketing, in fact it was a key thing that sold coils, now on the 6000 at least it's something that's hidden.  Not answering customer emails about it is pretty weird though.  Coiltek didn't advertise their type either, but when asked directly they answered.  It's a decision maker for me on if I want another coil or not.

Maybe if enough people ask they might say? 🙂  Otherwise I'm relying on strick to X-ray some before making any decisions!

Good to see January might be the date of release for that size though so things are moving ahead.

I wonder why they've gone back to their normal colour on the one in the photo for the coils coming next month ad, they were previously black and if I recall JP said there was a positive reason why they switched to black.  They even switched the GPZ coils to black on later production runs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I wonder why they've gone back to their normal colour on the one in the photo for the coils coming next month ad, they were previously black and if I recall JP said there was a positive reason why they switched to black.  They even switched the GPZ coils to black on later production runs.

I like the looks of a black coil, but just can't believe that black is good in baking hot sun. Anything to reduce expansion and contraction would be a good thing as far as coil winding placement, and longevity of built in circuit boards. White just seems the better option to me.

• Like 4

Yea, black coils really roast.  I found what JP said about why they switched to black.

425398458_coilcolour.thumb.jpg.9adfe01aac81067558802f7576329cb7.jpg

I guess perhaps they changed their mind on that and went back to the light grey colour.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:19 AM, phrunt said:

I wonder why they've gone back to their normal colour on the one in the photo

i was thinkin the same thing......<rubbing chin, staring strangely>   Either way, its what I want, what I paid for back in June, what broke my patience strain-gauge...... 

• 4 weeks later...

Surprised no one’s jumped on it yet, but the 12x7 XCeed coil has been released in limited numbers. I expect to puck mine up next week some time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sheppo said:

Surprised no one’s jumped on it yet, but the 12x7 XCeed coil has been released in limited numbers. I expect to puck mine up next week some time.

No word from my dealer yet and nothing from Rohan....plus the website is still 'under construction'. Maybe If I expect that I will pick mine up in Jan 2024, perhaps I wont be so continuously disappointed then....😩

What happened to the several hundreds of them made waiting for chip programming? Released in limited numbers doesn’t sound right for that.

No sign of them from the NZ dealer either, I cancelled my 12x7 order as I bought the 10x5 instead but asked they keep me informed.  Still want the Sadie though.  If good reports come in on the 12x7 from any 10x5 owners I’ll get one.  I suspect the smaller of the two will be the most sensitive.  

Pleasing to see some coils get out the door even if they remain elusive.

• Like 2

As posted by reputable sources on social media.

4CB30A39-E402-4174-8E38-C0A9928EDF0D.jpeg

• Like 5