Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Holy crap! that looks like a total redesign of the 11" coil, now mine needs to die again, I want the new one, you can bet they've fixed all the issues on the new model.

Now this is why people recommend waiting a year or in the GPX 6000's case a couple of years before jumping into a new model, the EMI fix, now a redesign of the coil that was plagued with issues from instability, noisy operation to cracking on the ears and body...

Simon, check yours for cracks. I had the older one and turned it in about six months ago for a replacement because of ear cracks (posted a photo of it on that older thread about the ears).  They replaced it with this same one as well.

i’ll have to admit I forget what the original looked like, can you post a photo of yours?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Holy crap! that looks like a total redesign of the 11" coil, now mine needs to die again, I want the new one, you can bet they've fixed all the issues on the new model

To me, it just looks like they "poured" a little plastic of some sort in the existing ridges to add some additional strength and more thickness behind the "ears".  

2 hours ago, hawkeye said:

To me, it just looks like they "poured" a little plastic of some sort in the existing ridges to add some additional strength and more thickness behind the "ears".  

yes, but they've also changed plastic formula to stop the cracking too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yes, but they've also changed plastic formula to stop the cracking too.

What’s different about the bottom of the coil?

1 minute ago, GotAU? said:

What’s different about the bottom of the coil?

I'll take a photo of mine later to compare but I don't recall it looking like that, mines in my do not use cupboard next to my Simplex as I've switched to using the aftermarket coils.    The new coils all have something changed in the plastic to prevent cracking though.  Unfortunately when mine was replaced it was replaced with an older coil than my detector is by manufacturing date so I've likely got another dud.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'll take a photo of mine later to compare but I don't recall it looking like that, mines in my do not use cupboard next to my Simplex as I've switched to using the aftermarket coils.    The new coils all have something changed in the plastic to prevent cracking though.  Unfortunately when mine was replaced it was replaced with an older coil than my detector is by manufacturing date so I've likely got another dud.

My detector kept turning off and on with slight bumps the last time I used my 11.  I think it’s because the connector was loose, have you ever heard of anything like that? It’s still under warranty but I’m not going to be able to test it correctly until I get out sometime far enough away from town.

No, I've not tightened mine up right and it just makes the detector bump sensitive.    Same with the GPZ.  If it's coming up with a Coil error and shutting down I wouldn't think it would be the cable not tight enough.

This is the moment JW's coil died, it caused the detector to just keep turning off when you turned it on

• Like 1

thanks for sharing that video. There’s no coil error, and it doesn’t happen with my CT coil. It could also be a loose battery. I’m going to start a new thread in the GPX 6000 forum for this- I am getting Sourdough’s NF thread here off track! Sorry Scott!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 5:11 PM, Sourdough Scott said:

Saw this on Facebook earlier. I copied the text to share. 

The full message from nf coils .( I have permission to share ) thanks Rohan.

Hi Richard,

I understand the frustration out there at the moment, rest assured we are working very hard to bring the Xceed coils to market as soon as possible.

The testing we perform on every coil we manufacture is well beyond that of any other coil manufacturer. As part of our final testing stage every coil is placed into a jig where it is squeezed, flexed & bumped, if a coil generates noise at this stage it will not pass QC.

Unfortunately during the squeeze testing we discovered an issue with an unusually high number of coils. This issue was not apparent during initial testing of our R&D coils and only became apparent when we started testing large volumes of coils during production.    

We take this testing very seriously as it reflects in the stability & longevity of the coil in the field.   

Resolving this issue required a complete redesign of the coil, this included having new parts custom made and many hours of field testing. 

Put simply, we will not supply a product that we are not 100% happy with.

It is now my mission to have the 12x7 version of the Xceed coils into the shops before Christmas with the 16x10 to follow early in 2023.

I am sorry but that is about as accurate a date as I am willing to commit to at this time.

Thank you for your patience. Regards,Rohan

Well, looks like that never happened with saying the 16x10 early 2023 and now the latest deadline has also come and basically gone.

nfdeadline.jpg.fc78a5d55a9a1dc5deead48e5be16ef7.jpg

Good luck getting that 16x10" mono out by 2023, only a few days to go, and as we know the 8.5x6" just isn't happening, its now sometime next year, so more than likely 2025.

I think for NF the best thing to do for future releases is to keep their trap shut until they have product to sell, for both the GPZ and GPX coils they've done this to customers, years of delays, announcing coils over a year often 2 years before they hit the market, it's crazy! I realize they do it because competitors' coils are on the market and are far quicker to get to market and people will possibly wait and buy a NF coil if it's not too far away, but making people wait years is wrong, not only do they annoy their customers they also lose a lot of customers to competitors and they'll probably not get them back especially in the GPZ's case as when they try jump ship, they're very unlikely to turn back.

The problem also is its excuse after excuse, the excuse keeps changing.  I'm done wanting the Sadie, out of principal even if it comes out one day, I'm not buying it.  They make decent product but they're not the sort of business I want to give my money to.

This thread was started in October 2022 with the purpose of the thread being sick of waiting for the 6000 NF coils, how long before that they were announced I can't be bothered looking up, but obviously a long time.

• Like 2