Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

Odd, I believe the 16x10" has got test coils floating around.   But yes, hand making coils is very time consuming.  Usually around a week from start to finish for the GPZ coils I'm told.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Odd, I believe the 16x10" has got test coils floating around.   But yes, hand making coils is very time consuming.  Usually around a week from start to finish for the GPZ coils I'm told.

Yes very odd. Fully paid for a 16x10" last August. Now all the NF exceed coils have increased $50 aus per coil. Thinking seriously about changing order to 10×5" goldhawk and spare lower shaft .Then I'll have all three goldhawks. I will send detector in for upgrade , then that's it. If I cannot find enough gold with that combination it's time to retire from detecting! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nedkelly said:

If I cannot find enough gold with that combination it's time to retire from detecting! 

Nah, Nah NK, prospectors dont retire they just keep on reFiring.🤪

• Like 2

If all the parts are directly on hand, any coil can be assembled by a single person within 3 hours. The longest time constraint is shielding drying time and the loom winding, whether firmed or enamel-baked. If the looms are ready to go prior, then 3 hours is plenty. NF makes their own shells and this takes extra time, Coiltek outsource this task so that multiple shells are ready at an instant.

• Like 2

"16x10 isn't even made for the testers"

Test coils have been in use for months, with pictures even posted of them. This is from June 8th of last year! 

https://www.facebook.com/goldballarat/posts/quick-peek-at-a-prototype-16-x-10-nugget-finder-exceed-coil-695to-suit-minelabs-/5416949128413199/

Maybe he means final version is not made, or their "we get one first since we tested production coils" are not made. If not that then it's just wrong, but the warning not to put money down for things before they actually are on shelves is good advice for any metal detecting product.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Well with the 12x7" on the market now a bit of activity by users, I've decided not to buy this size instead waiting for the Sadie.

This video is what I was expecting from a bundle wound 12x7" vs the semi spiral 11", louder response on the 11" and I think more depth on the small 0.07 by the looks of it.  The NF was slightly smoother running but you expect that from bundle wound coils along with smaller size to pick up less EMI.

That's assuming it is bundle wound, nobody knows as for some strange reason the advertising of coils for the 6000 no longer includes winding types.  We know Coiltek as Trevor said but NF has not said, and Minelab kept it quiet too with only strick and his X-rays showing it up, so maybe if strick buys one at some point we'll find out, performance characteristics is indicating bundle wound with similar traits to the Coilteks.

• Like 1