Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

My plan was to get both Coiltek and NF and see which I prefer.  I have two Coiltek's and I ordered two NF's which I'm going to drop down to 1 NF now   (this coil number may change at any point up or down 🙂) as I don't think I'll use my GPX all that much and I'd rather channel that money into Manicure coils.  The Coilteks are nice running stable coils but don't have the sensitivity I desire as I feel the stock coil does just as well as the 10x5" if not better on small gold and that shouldn't be the case..... semi spiral vs bundle though.   I'll give the smallest NF a shot and see how it goes.  We are not 100% confident how it's wound yet so it maybe better than the Coilteks and if my speaker EMI problem gets resolved and the small NF has good sensitivity I may end up liking my GPX more.  It really should be a detector I'd love being the most sensitive GPX ever made and I want it to be so I'm being stubborn and not giving up on it.  I'll like it in the end I'm sure of it, the speaker problem being resolved has been a big development for me, one I was hoping would happen.

I think writing off a brand because in the past years ago a few coils went bad that you had isn't the best idea.... Half of you have had bad 6000's and Noxes, never buying another Minelab detector now? 🙂  Sometimes with some effort brands can improve and they want to improve, every brand does, no one wants to be a failure and sometimes it's just one particular product fails to meet expectations.   Coiltek have made some excellent coils in the past I think, I like their coils.  Their Nox coil is fantastic build quality too.  Their previous GPX coils I've not had a problem with, although I never did use them all that much, I've used the 11" AI coil the most as a coin detecting coil of my GPX coils.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think writing off a brand because in the past years ago a few coils went bad that you had isn't the best idea

Not writing Coiltek off....but having coils die progressively and only last a year before throwing them away and with a higher premium cost for the 6000 coils....makes me wary. Ive had many great CT coils in the past.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aureous said:

Not writing Coiltek off....but having coils die progressively and only last a year before throwing them away and with a higher premium cost for the 6000 coils....makes me wary. Ive had many great CT coils in the past.

Are coiltek and nf crypto chips in the cable like the ML or down in the coil? if at the connector like the ML they should be worth something for this…. (Sell me one)

1 hour ago, bklein said:

Are coiltek and nf crypto chips in the cable like the ML or down in the coil? if at the connector like the ML they should be worth something for this…. (Sell me one)

They're in the coil on the 6000, the same as the original coils and in the 7000 coils they're in the cable plug end like the original 7000 coils, eg I used my Nugget Finder 12" Z-Search to make an X-coil adapter.  

• Like 1

A little update off the NF website:

Release Update...06 Oct 2022 

We are very close to releasing our first batch of Xceed coils. The 12"x7" will be released first followed by the 16"x10". 

Unfortunately there will be a further delay with supply of the 8"x6" Xceed coil.  Rest assured we are working hard to bring this coil to market as soon as possible.

We would like to thank everyone that has been patiently waiting over the past few months, it has been a difficult time for our small family business.

• Like 7

At least the 12x7 is 1st off the rank....I paid for mine back in June. So, hopefully sometime this month then.....:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Some local dealers here in Australia are now saying that deliveries of the 12x7 are delayed once again, despite whats on the NF website. Still a few weeks away I fear :sad:

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

Hey Guys,

I can tell you from a Dealers standpoint, I sell both Coiltek and Nugget Finder and have for decades.  That being said, there is a huge demand for the Nugget Finder GPZ coil and the GPX 6000, but customer are starting to loose interests in waiting and taking the plunge on the Coiltek version for now.  I'm struggling to keep the Coiltek ones in stock, even for the Equinox series, which I guess is a great problem.  

Every time I ask the US Distributor about when they are coming, it's another 2-3 weeks.  Trust me, he's super frustrated also, it's money being lost for Nugget Finder, the Distributor and all dealers.  

I'm hoping we see at least a small batch before Christmas here in the US.  

We have a pre-order list on the GPZ and GPX 6000 NF coils if anyone is still wanting to get one.  

Rob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Guys,

I can tell you from a Dealers standpoint, I sell both Coiltek and Nugget Finder and have for decades.  That being said, there is a huge demand for the Nugget Finder GPZ coil and the GPX 6000...

Really? I can't find anyone interested in buying my 6000 used.

Even if this fix makes it work as it should, I am getting so tired of Minelab's business practice that I think I may just use an Axiom instead on general principals, even if performs slightly worse. So, if you know someone in AZ looking to buy a used 6000 this winter or whenever the Axiom is released, let me know. Comes with a Coiltek almost new, 2 batteries. 

• Like 5