Nuggetfinder Coils Release Dates For The 6000 & 7000?

Simon, that is some really bad news for Nugget Finder. It’s not great news for end users either but at least anyone that has prepaid for one for some reason, should be able to get their money back. I am a big fan of Nugget Finder. I hope they can get it sorted out as painlessly as possible.

• Like 1

yea, it's really sad, all I can think of is the security chip incorrectly wired and that is what is meant by wired incorrectly as wiring the actual coil wires wrong you wouldn't expect that from them, then when they went to get them programmed the programmer couldn't see the chip, they'd be wondering why then of course they'd work out the chip was wired incorrectly, seeing it's sealed up inside a waterproof coil they can't be repaired and then that means starting all over again.  Imagine building up stock for months then when it's time to get them programmed so they work on the detector to sell that happens. 

I feel really sorry for them.  I hope it's wrong and Miners Den is mistaken and they don't need to start over and all it is was the plug end was wired incorrectly so they'd have them fixed in 10 minutes a coil.   I'll patiently wait for my coils now as clearly they can't help the delay, I'd prefer it was them that broke the news if it is true than it start off as rumours then a dealer saying it too, people are very forgiving when businesses are open and honest with customers, more so than if stuff is hidden from them and they eventually find out.

Yeah, hopefully they just somehow got the coil connector pinouts wrong. Easy fix if they have plenty of backup parts.

• Like 1

To install the chip, the coil shells still have to be in 2 sections, un-sealed. Only the tiny wires to the coax from the chip position will need to be altered. Time consuming, but not a 'start again' proposition. 

4 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

If they had test, demo, prototype coils out in some field testers hands, and they worked. Why was such a mistake made? I'll give this the 72 hour rumor test. 🤔

Hopefully that's right.   Pretty nasty joke people are doing if it is a made up joke.

5 hours ago, Aureous said:

To install the chip, the coil shells still have to be in 2 sections, un-sealed. Only the tiny wires to the coax from the chip position will need to be altered. Time consuming, but not a 'start again' proposition. 

I think the coils get completed, the chips are empty, they get the software installed by a "gadget" plugging into the coil cable.  It's possible they got pre-programmed chips to make up prototypes.

I guess it's best to wait and see what happens over the next few days, hopefully it's a hoax.

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

Some bad news for Nugget Finder and of course for those like myself waiting on their GPX 6000 coils.  It appears Miners Den an Australian Minelab Dealer has told customers that the GPX 6000 coils that have been made already were all wired incorrectly, I heard hundreds of them were made months ago waiting on the chips to be programmed so they've had to start again as they couldn't re-use the ones they've done, it must be the wiring of the coil cable inside the coil to the security chip or something that they got wrong as if it was the plug end you'd think they could just put a new plug end on them, unless that makes the cable too short or something, so weird of a mistake to make.  This explains the ongoing delays though.

Another guy has backed this up saying he knew about it but was told it in confidence but it's out of the bag now with Miners Den telling people on the waiting list.  People are discussing it on the GPX 6000 facebook group.

A sad situation for Nugget Finder, seems they're having a bad run lately and this only makes it worse.  I hope they bounce back from it, the costs of a mistake like that must be huge for a small family business.

Thanks, Simon. This sucks! Just ordered the Goldhawk 9....

On 10/28/2022 at 10:24 PM, phrunt said:

Some bad news for Nugget Finder and of course for those like myself waiting on their GPX 6000 coils.  It appears Miners Den an Australian Minelab Dealer has told customers that the GPX 6000 coils that have been made already were all wired incorrectly, I heard hundreds of them were made months ago waiting on the chips to be programmed so they've had to start again as they couldn't re-use the ones they've done, it must be the wiring of the coil cable inside the coil to the security chip or something that they got wrong as if it was the plug end you'd think they could just put a new plug end on them, unless that makes the cable too short or something, so weird of a mistake to make.  This explains the ongoing delays though.

Another guy has backed this up saying he knew about it but was told it in confidence but it's out of the bag now with Miners Den telling people on the waiting list.  People are discussing it on the GPX 6000 facebook group.

A sad situation for Nugget Finder, seems they're having a bad run lately and this only makes it worse.  I hope they bounce back from it, the costs of a mistake like that must be huge for a small family business.

I need to say this… all this information is third hand information that is very likely incorrect. While these people may have said it on a facebook group, they haven’t backed it up, and hey, no one lies on the internet.

I’m sick to death of seeing all this bologna posted all over facebook and forums. It does irreparable damage to a company, and especially a small business like Nugget Finder. If Rohan shut up shop tomorrow over all the negativity that’s been posted, I wouldn’t blame him in the least. It seriously needs to stop. 

They’re working towards making sure there is a quality product on sale (and there will be, I’ve had the privilege of using a tester coil, and it was great), but seriously, for there to be a quality product go on sale, this parroting third hand information and negative posting needs to end. I’m saying this to everyone, not just phrunt. 

I apologise Steve, I needed to say something.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We are all hoping it's not real Sheppo, I don't see why these guys would lie saying Miners Den said it, but if they did they've got problems for sure.  That's why I've kept pointing out I hope its a hoax, I'm waiting on the coils too, had my order in for months now.

What would prevent such speculation if it is such would be Nugget Finder explaining why they keep changing the goal posts rather than just saying they're delayed further and further.  It's not difficult to say why they keep getting delayed.

• Like 1