Seated Liberty Quarter 1838

Nice early one!!  Odd it was only 4" deep.  I once hunted an old town square on the east coast, and three quarters of it was practically sterile, and the other square, err rectangle actually with a band stand in the center.  Anyhow one quarter was hot, several old coins and relics.  Like someone had hoovered clean the first three, and saved this one for last or moved or who knows.  I'm sure all those parks have dried up since I was there over ten years ago.

• Like 3

That's a sweetie of a seatie and good shape too!  I've got a seated half and some seated dimes but that seated quarter has eluded me......  Good job!!!!!

• Like 2

Wow, your soil is nice to a coin that old. Really nice shape, it must have been dropped that long ago. 👍 Great find, hope you find more!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Wow, your soil is nice to a coin that old. Really nice shape, it must have been dropped that long ago. 👍 Great find, hope you find more!

Found this capped bust dime at a park 2 miles from this one.

Same thing, about 4 inches down in a well hunted area.

Worn to crap.

FD9F08B9-353B-43D8-8993-724511E89B01.jpeg

1C462B6D-B676-439A-BE1F-3E72E2822E47.jpeg

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Troy E said:

Worn to crap.

True, but still silver. You should see what the soil in my area does. 😵 To start, black stains and such.

20220221_173426.thumb.jpg.790914fb8ecd0e8b875454aec622cc40.jpg Good stuff you're finding! 👍

• Like 6

Fantastic find Troy!  You know what they say those old parks can be hunted to death, but they will always produce something that was missed.  You, my friend, hit a great seated right there!  Huge Congrats on both of these finds!  

• Like 1