Seated Liberty Quarter 1838

On 10/5/2022 at 4:41 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice early date. Super find. You never know how those coins end up in parks. Maybe someone raided the family coin collection or it was stolen from a house break? Maybe some dirt was brought in from an old field or house site to level out a spot in the park? But in any event.... you got it and that is awesome. 😍

All very good comments and theories by everyone.Yet another fairly common situation that can occur in parks etcetera is that trees some that may be decades old and others centuries old that can actually predate the park itself are removed for safety reasons etc but more commonly die from over watering and or become uprooted during storms.It goes without saying that when this occurs many coins relics and so forth become available to detection.The bottom line is that your hard work and perseverance paid off Troy and you were rewarded handsomely that is a great piece of silver!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

All very good comments and theories by everyone.Yet another fairly common situation that can occur in parks etcetera is that trees some that may be decades old and others centuries old that can actually predate the park itself are removed for safety reasons etc but more commonly die from over watering and or become uprooted during storms.It goes without saying that when this occurs many coins relics and so forth become available to detection.The bottom line is that your hard work and perseverance paid off Troy and you were rewarded handsomely that is a great piece of silver!

All the glory gos to the people on this site that have shared their wisdom and experience with us.  I’m a amateur at best, but I read a lot what you guys and gals are doing out in the field.  I just started this hobby  May 2022.  

I’ve watched tons of videos and do the best I can research wise with historical maps, but I really think I’ve been lucky.  Right place at the right time.  Lots of days turn out to be big nothing burgers, or detecting in the rain and end up with two soaking feet covered in mud, some trash and a couple modern coins if I’m lucky.

I thank all of you for sharing your experience with us, what worked and what doesn’t, what to look for, Where to look.  How you detect, using different frequency and what not.  All I do is go out and apply what all of you said.  Thanks.

May Lady Luck bless you all with some fantastic treasures.

• Like 5