Help Me Choose Between Deus 2, Equinox 800 And Manticore

17 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’d be buying a Manticore. Why? Better performance than a Equinox, and better coils than a Deus II, with no antenna needed for underwater use. May as well use the latest and the greatest - shipping soon! :smile:

Yea hurry up please  @Gerry in Idaho  🙂

strick 

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

...  I’d be buying a Manticore. Why? Better performance than a Equinox, and better coils than a Deus II

This could be discussed as the Manticore coil set doesnt include a 9" sized coil , which is a very commonly used coil and which often comes as stock coil for many detectors .  For me the Mcore 8X6 is too small , and the 11 is too big , I mean for my kind of coin/relic hunting in the European iron trash ...

This was already an issue with the Equinox . I dont understand why ML repeates the same error with the Mcore ... This knowing that they already have the mold for a 10X8 , currently used for the Vanquish .  Incomprehensible ....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, palzynski said:

This was already an issue with the Equinox . I dont understand why ML repeates the same error with the Mcore ... This knowing that they already have the mold for a 10X8 , currently used for the Vanquish .  Incomprehensible ....

Definitely agree! One of several things I find irksome about the machines they produce, is listening to what customers want! While I realize their dedicated gold detectors are aimed at a specific audience, they appear to be resistant to change on their more general detector users!! Hopefully they get a clue, sooner than they did with the Equinox, and pay closer attention! Especially with others nipping at their heals at this point; and for less of an investment!!👍👍

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 9:18 AM, Joe D. said:

Definitely agree! One of several things I find irksome about the machines they produce, is listening to what customers want! While I realize their dedicated gold detectors are aimed at a specific audience, they appear to be resistant to change on their more general detector users!! Hopefully they get a clue, sooner than they did with the Equinox, and pay closer attention! Especially with others nipping at their heals at this point; and for less of an investment!!👍👍

The Equinox dominated the detector world because Minelab did listen, and made a detector that huge numbers of people wanted, with tons of features in one detector at a killer price. It rocked the detecting world, and it did not happen by not listening. Manticore takes all the listening done about Equinox issues, and implements it. The idea Minelab is not listening is a myth. They may not do what some people want, but it’s not because they did not hear what is being said.

• Like 7