Fairground Parking Area

A fairground by me has a large dirt parking area. Would that be a good location for jewelry? People get out of there cars and walk to the fairground.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

A fairground by me has a large dirt parking area. Would that be a good location for jewelry? People get out of there cars and walk to the fairground.

If you can get permission to hunt it, but if it's gravel it's gonna be tough to dig. Yeah, change, keys, all sorts of stuff.

• Like 2

It's dirt and grass. I didn't think about that I should get permission. I haven't been hunting there. I will ask for permission. The parking area is open all the time. It's a field. There is a short walk to the fair ground.

My hunting is about over for this year. Winter is coming in about a month. It's 41F out right now.

Thanks,

Rick

• Like 1

I've hunted a very similar parking lot, It has yielded a TON of silver coins for me, But also a crap ton of aluminium and zincoln's. I think you'll do well and wish you luck!!!!

• Like 3

If you can't get permission you can always put a pair of running shoes on and carry a police radio.... should give ya 3 min head start 🙂

Old parking areas can have a lot of older deeper finds. Take your time and listen for the deeper stuff.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Some of those parking areas have gravel and I always carry a screwdriver to help get around the rocks that cover the coins and things.

Good luck and always ask the proper place for permission, county and  city if you ask nicely and make sure they know that you won't make a mess of things will let you do what you want.

Also if there are sidewalks there check both sides and also around the entrance booths yield coins from where they drop coins.

• Like 4

Any location that has folks walking to or from a venue or at the actual venue you will stand a chance of folks dropping mainly money i would have though,but also possibly rings or lucky charms could be dropped,these are the classic locations that folks drop thing......i went to one place that in theory i did not have permission it was a funfair location so was hunting for spendables that was basically just laying on or near the top,so i casually put my Deus elliptical coil in a carrier bag my itself and my controller in my pocket with a small single earphone and walked around discretely around the field picking the odd coinage up.

Must admit it did work reasonably well but only done it the once,not the best setup but the coil was just a couple of inches off the floor but it did work.

• Like 3

Thanks, should be a good spot.