Deus 2 Diving Mode Problems? Not Picking Up Small Items, Chains Or Thin Rings

TTT2866

On 10/17/2022 at 8:46 PM, midalake said:

Disc 5 or 25 will not make a difference. My smallest chain comes in at 32. Neither 5 or 25 will make a difference on the "32" chain. 

In fact a Disc of 25 may knock out some of his mineralization and allow him to run higher sensitivity. 

That's a good way to knock out some interference but pay attention with low reactivity and iron in the mix...

It happens that with higher disc and low reactivity the masking action starts to appear clearly😬

• 8 months later...

An update if anyone reads this in the future, lol. 

I found the issue. When I was using my "blu3 Nomad", it would interfere with my Deus 2 when it was too close. Because I was new to using the Deus, I disregarded it as interference from being in the water and swinging on very mineralised ground and as a result, I was tuning the sensitivity too low. 

Also I was having issues with the metal in the shaft I made, which would sound off on the coil. These were screws and whatnot that were too close - I've changed them all to nylon and carbon fibre. 

I now run it with stock settings, default sensitivity and auto-GB. I've learned to hear the deep/faint targets between the interference from the dive unit. I can now easily find small rings and pendants, though it does still struggle punching through the iron ground sometimes. I've had a lot of recent targets in sandy areas and haven't had a problem picking them up at about 10-14" under sand. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 6:00 AM, TTT2866 said:

...I now run it with stock settings, default sensitivity and auto-GB. I've learned to hear the deep/faint targets between the interference from the dive unit. I can now easily find small rings and pendants, though it does still struggle punching through the iron ground sometimes. I've had a lot of recent targets in sandy areas and haven't had a problem picking them up at about 10-14" under sand. ..

I'm glad you got a feel for the machine. You didn't write which program you use in the water when you dive with the Nomad? Fresh or salt water?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 12:44 AM, Timmysys said:

I'm glad you got a feel for the machine. You didn't write which program you use in the water when you dive with the Nomad? Fresh or salt water?

Just "dive mode". I didn't realise there was a salt/fresh water mode on the D2..?

8 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

Just "dive mode". I didn't realise there was a salt/fresh water mode on the D2..?

Actually, all of the remaining programs are available to use in freshwater if you try.

I've seen recently a user with fast 40 program in a freshwater lake environment

9 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Actually, all of the remaining programs are available to use in freshwater if you try.

I've seen recently a user with fast 40 program in a freshwater lake environment

Oh that's good to know. Shame we don't really have any fresh water spots around here 😞