A Nice Honker (and More Bs Luck)

Damn Strick, NOW your pushing me to get a CTX!!!  Been contemplating one of those for quite a while. How bad is it to swing one for 2-3 hours?  MAN I'm going down another rabbit hole!!!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Compass said:

Wow, finding any gold as the first target is a pretty uncommon feat but honker gold is especially rare - congrats!!

I did put myself in a likely spot. Been hunting this park off and on for 8 years. I've got some really nice gold rings out of it. The particular area where I got this gold ring  I've hunted about 10 times without luck.  It's a very long grassy slope where people can lay comfortably in the grass. I knew there would be a gold ring in there somewhere. The problem is the trash ... a very target rich environment and it can get overwhelming easily after about an hour. You move your coil 6 inches and theres another pull tab or piece of foil or whatever. I'll keep hitting it as there has to be another ring there lol 

strick 

• Like 2

dog- if you can find a used one in good shape otherwise I think the manticore might be worth the wait...looks much faster. The CTX is not really as slow as some make it out to be. Move slow with a small coil and you can pick things out of the nail beds. One of my Buds is a diehard Deus guy and very versed in it...after hunting with me a bunch of times times he could not take any more and bought a CTX. I don't have a problem swinging it as its well balanced but there is a big difference when you pick it up compared to the Nox. 

strick 

• Like 2

Boy that certainly is a big one.  Yes those broken and or even cracked bands will certainly read lower.  The CTX has capabilties I certainly miss and YES we are all hoping the Manticore is better at masking the bottle caps.  1/3 oz of 14K, very nice save Chuck.  Well earned.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...