GPZ 7000 Nugget Finder 17" X 13" Z Search Coil

• The title was changed to Nugget Finder 17" X 13" Z Search Coil For GPZ 7000

This is the coil size I thought Nugget Finder should have released first, followed by something smaller than the 12" round. Like a 10" round. The 12" is only an inch narrower than the stock 13x14 coil, so very little gain when it comes to being able to fit into tight locations. But 17" x 13" - that's a sweet size, and completely slays the Minelab 19" from a useability standpoint. This may become the new stock coil for many users in Australia and elsewhere.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

This is the coil size I thought Nugget Finder should have released first, followed by something smaller than the 12" round. Like a 10" round. The 12" is only an inch narrower than the stock 13x14 coil, so very little gain when it comes to being able to fit into tight locations. But 17" x 13" - that's a sweet size, and completely slays the Minelab 19" from a useability standpoint. This will no doubt become the new stock coil for many users in Australia, in particular.

And it’s SOOOO much nicer to use than the 19” coil too, especially being the same weight as the 14x13. I’ll be strapping one on myself when I head west.

• Like 3

Hey Guys,

I think this will be a great coil for the GPZ 7000.  It's been a long wait for one, but I'm excited to re-visit a few old patches with this new coil once it arrives here in the US.  I have kicked butt with the stock 14x13", but the last 2 years I have been using the 12" Nugget Finder round Z Search and love it.  Hard to part with the GPZ, but every year I'm getting older .... 

Rob

• Like 4

Yes only an inch narrower, but the 12" is a full 300 grams lighter than the stock coil. 

When this is hanging off the end of the shaft, there is a huge difference and improves balance by a lot. I believe the 12" coil kept a lot of guys swinging a GPZ that were ready to offload them and get something lighter. I remember reading many comments early on that guys were going back to a GPX5000 or 4500 with a small'ish coil as they were much easier to swing than a stock GPZ. 

I'm like you Rob, the 12" has pretty much stayed glued to my GPZ recently (whenever I haven't been swinging the 6000), but I'm keen on getting onto some better gold with the 17". Only had very limited time on mine, but already dug a few deep holes to know it's going to produce if the gold is there. 

deep target.jpg

Deep Dig.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PhaseTech said:

Yes only an inch narrower, but the 12" is a full 300 grams lighter than the stock coil. 

When this is hanging off the end of the shaft, there is a huge difference and improves balance by a lot. I believe the 12" coil kept a lot of guys swinging a GPZ that were ready to offload them and get something lighter.

Totally agree. And it's not just about the weight, the 12 NF is adding stability and sensitivity. Only 1 inch narrower but worlds apart.

GC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also agree about the NF 12". It's beautifully conceived and constructed and it's a pleasure to use. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I’d be running the 12” also if it was all I could get. I’d also have preferred a 14” x 9” or an 11” round. And I still think the larger coil should have come first. But I’m glad you guys are all think 12” round was the perfect size, and was the best option out of the gate. That’s the kind of affirmation these companies need, do they will just keep doing what they do. I’ll be the grumpy old guy that thinks they can do better, and not be shy about saying so. :smile:

• Like 1

• The title was changed to GPZ 7000 Nugget Finder 17" X 13" Z Search Coil