Steve’s 2022 Australia Adventure, Part 2

Those kangaroos will need shearing in a month or two. I hear the dingos used to do that until the natives took over.

Maybe next time get them to stand on their hind legs Steve. Folks in the States get confused when they are just standing around like a bunch of Rambouillet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, strick said:

I hear that the Aussies can get a little carried away with their kangaroo shearing...the poodle cut is quite popular around the bigger cities. Nice everyone is getting some gold over there Steve...thanks for the photos. 

strick

That is funny.  Thank you for posting that.

• Like 1

It’s what I call the ATX style “Focused Core" DD used on Axiom. It’s not a standard DD and Garrett should have come up with their own name, since nobody else makes a coil like it. They just call it a DD, which confuses people, since it is a design all its own, and acts very little like a standard DD. The middle “hot spot” is possibly better than the mono on small gold, but only in that center area, while handling ground better than the mono.

axiom-dd-tones.jpg

Axiom Focused Core (FC) DD Coils from Garrett Metal Detectors on Vimeo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s what I call the ATX style “donut dd” used on Axiom. It’s not a standard DD and Garrett should have come up with their own name, since nobody else makes a coil like it. They just call it a DD, which confuses people, since it is a design all its own, and acts very little like a standard DD. The middle “hot spot” is possibly better than the mono on small gold, but only in that center area, while handling ground better than the mono.

What is the winding configuration actually like on that coil? I was wondering what it was earlier this year in El Nino's ATX thread prior to the Axiom announcement, but didn't get much response.

It looks almost like a concentric. Is it like some kind of hybrid between a DD and Concentric winding style?

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Steve’s 2022 Australia Adventure, Part 2