Steve’s 2022 Australia Adventure, Part 2

Sounds like a great trip you are having Steve, and what a great sounding detector too.  Well, so I guess the wait is on …

so in the meantime, can you guys lay low for a little bit until I get this other stupid thing fixed?! 🤣

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

On this location in 1980 the Hand of Faith was found, perhaps the spiritual start of the “Electronic Gold Rush”

It's good to see the Monument photo. When I saw the location back in 1980 there was not much to see. I never detected more than 2 days in Kingower but one of my mates got a 2½" flat square nugget about an ¼ " thick that weighed 11 Oz on the other side of the sealed road from the spot about ½ mile in.

• Like 6

My mates got about 400 ozs in about the same time period,  and 1/2 a kilometre further in, then the area was bulldozed for a bit more 

cheers daveUntitled-TrueColor-01.thumb.jpg.ac187e707722bfef1dc3e971a1b0c014.jpg

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

On this location in 1980 the Hand of Faith was found, perhaps the spiritual start of the “Electronic Gold Rush” https://dunollymuseumsite.wordpress.com/hand-of-faith-2/

There is conflicting info on the internet as to what detector was being used when that nugget was found.  Apparently a Garrett, but which model?  Seems appropriate that the Garrett crew made it out there to see a monument commemorating a find that cemented their place in history, too.

• Like 4

On 10/27/2022 at 5:11 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s what I call the ATX style “Bullseye DD” used on Axiom. It’s not a standard DD and Garrett should have come up with their own name, since nobody else makes a coil like it. They just call it a DD, which confuses people, since it is a design all its own, and acts very little like a standard DD. The middle “hot spot” is possibly better than the mono on small gold, but only in that center area, while handling ground better than the mono.

axiom-dd-tones.jpg

Double telephone ☎️ 

Telephone coil.....but young people won't understand lol

Screenshot_20221030-175247_Chrome.jpg.d4995f22ef2311cffaf3ae863ad5f89e.jpg

Early prototype of the "telephone " ☎️  coil components. 

• Confused 1

On 10/28/2022 at 6:26 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

On this location in 1980 the Hand of Faith was found

I was there on my Australia trip.  It was raining at the time.  I tried some spots a couple of miles away just to say I detected near there.  More 'markers' are scattered around that part of Victoria, but the nuggets weren't found with metal detectors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1