Sovereign Gt , Oldie But A Goodie , Pulled A Silver Ring 32cm Down In The Wet Sand

Went beach detecting with the old sovereign and it keeps on surprising how well it goes on beaches already swept with newer detectors . The same ground had been covered by a mine lab 3030. The sovereign had no problems picking up the silver ring at the bottom of the hole , I even dug a drainage channel to allow water to escape . After half an hour was about to give up when the ring popped out. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

Would of preferred the ring to be on the surface :) would of saved a lot of digging and  one split pair of shorts in the wrong place :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

Thanks John , first ring find , and with a sovereign gt . Picked up plenty of coins aswell on a beach popular with detectorists . Pretty impressive for and old machine 

Danny 

• Like 1

By the time I got to the ring I was dreaming that there would be a cold be waiting in there instead . Would of been just as happy :)

15 hours ago, Danny said:

By the time I got to the ring I was dreaming that there would be a cold be waiting in there instead . Would of been just as happy :)

One funny thing with the latest and greatest is they have lots of features to try and convince you not to dig.

• Like 3

Yeah I have not tried the latest except a sdc2300 which is a dig everything PI machine if you take it to the beach which I have , but it goes to show what you are saying could be right . I like the sovereign , it's recovery rate might be a little slow so I'm going to compliment that with a mxt pro or all pro . i think the sovereign is pretty good in the wet sand. It also picked up more than enough coins to cover the fuel for the trip. Once again same ground that other machines missed. 

Daniel

I did fill the hole back in , for public safety . Danny

• Haha 1

• 6 years later...

Sovereign is one of best detectors. It's to bad Minelab didn't pursue that line. It has the best audio of any detector.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1