Gold Monster On Hot Ground In Wa

7 hours ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hey Jack,

I am thinking to buy garret Axiom if u have any advice?

No Ethan, I've never used one, Phrunt recently posted a video of the Garrett Crew doing a test run Tibooboorroo, I think he meant Tibooburra. Also NQExplorers have a couple of videos on youtube. They are being talked about on this forum so you should be able to make up your mind about them. From what I've seen they look good, let me know how you get on. 

On 12/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, blackjack said:

No Ethan, I've never used one, Phrunt recently posted a video of the Garrett Crew doing a test run Tibooboorroo, I think he meant Tibooburra. Also NQExplorers have a couple of videos on youtube. They are being talked about on this forum so you should be able to make up your mind about them. From what I've seen they look good, let me know how you get on. 

Hi Jack,

I have not made up my mind yet. I have been searching on gumtree AU as well and I can see there are more 7k than 6k on gumtree. IDK if that was because they found 7k is too heavy to use?

At this stage I am open-minded to 6k, 7k and Axiom. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hi Jack,

I have not made up my mind yet. I have been searching on gumtree AU as well and I can see there are more 7k than 6k on gumtree. IDK if that was because they found 7k is too heavy to use?

At this stage I am open-minded to 6k, 7k and Axiom. 

Yeah Ethan I can't comment on the weight issue for others, only my self. At my age, even my equinox is too heavy to swing for an extended time. I use a harness which is just an 'occy' strap with one end in a hole on the top shaft the other hooked into a small backpack. But even way back when I was young I much preferred a hip mount, I had an excalibur II that was also much better hip mounted. I seems like that may not be an option any more but you can buy a harness. Personally I wouldn't buy a detector based on weight they all get heavy after a while, balance is more important. Just my take on it Ethan. Let me know what you decide and give me your thoughts on what you think of it, when you get out into a gold field.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

I have been searching on gumtree AU

Be careful on Gumtree, it’s just Scammer-Ville for a lot of things.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yep, as a seller, if you get an inquiry and if they’ve just registered, the dead give away is when they ask “what’s your email”

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackjack said:

Yeah Ethan I can't comment on the weight issue for others, only my self. At my age, even my equinox is too heavy to swing for an extended time. I use a harness which is just an 'occy' strap with one end in a hole on the top shaft the other hooked into a small backpack. But even way back when I was young I much preferred a hip mount, I had an excalibur II that was also much better hip mounted. I seems like that may not be an option any more but you can buy a harness. Personally I wouldn't buy a detector based on weight they all get heavy after a while, balance is more important. Just my take on it Ethan. Let me know what you decide and give me your thoughts on what you think of it, when you get out into a gold field.

Sure thanks Jack will do. 

12 hours ago, madtuna said:

Yep, as a seller, if you get an inquiry and if they’ve just registered, the dead give away is when they ask “what’s your email”

Yeah It's happened to me, buyer said he wanted to get my email as he was in a remote mining camp with poor phone reception, then he wanted me to send money to his 'Agent'. Since then it's happened a few more times, each time the scammer has asked for my email. So spot on madtuna and notheast great advice. Sounds like he's onto it. It hasn't stopped me buying or selling on Gumtree it's a great resource, just have to be careful. 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 14/10/2022 at 04:18, geof_junk said:

Nas áreas que detectei em WA com um detector VLF, não era o solo quente, eram as rochas quentes 3 ou 4 sinal de alvo por balanço deles em alguns pontos. Na época, eu tinha 25 anos de experiência com detector VLF na época. Usando detectores Minlab pós 2003, não tive problemas com o detector PI na mesma área. Quanto à profundidade, o solo quente de Vic foi muito pior para o VLF, mas as rochas quentes foram apenas problemas leves.   

Amigo, como você entende de VLF, pode afirmar que o gold monster 1000 trabalha melhor em solo mineralizado na função automática, ou é melhor utilizar ele na função manual com 9 pauzinho ativo. Porque a minelab não especifica qual é a melhor função do aparelho para encontrar pepitas.

Eu como usuário notei que quando utilizo a função (Automático (12) ele fica bem silencioso. Agora quando usa ele na função (Manual 9) ele fica apitando muito e parece que pega mais fundo.

No começo deixo ele manual, depois de 2 a 3 horas eu mudo ele para automático porque ele fica muito barulhento.

Bom, amigo, qual função eu devo utilizar na minha caçada para encontrar pepitas de ouro. Se tiver alguém que conhece bem o aparelho deixe um comentário de qual modo ele funciona bem.

Porque você tem que conhecer a máquina para tirar o máximo dela. Obrigado!