First Gold With The Deus2… A Chunky 1893 Wedding Band

Dcraun

That is a beautiful ring and a fantastic find.

Since I am mostly a turf hunter, passing up a quarter or a coin sized 94 would be sheer lunacy. 

Just for my own curiosity, what is this ring's VDI in the higher weighted modes like General, Sensitive or Fast? Also, it looks like it was about 6 to 8" deep.....is that about right?

• Like 2

That’s cool man! This forum is so fun to follow and generous with the educating side of things for a nube like myself. Well done and what a special date. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

That is a beautiful ring and a fantastic find.

Since I am mostly a turf hunter, passing up a quarter or a coin sized 94 would be sheer lunacy. 

Just for my own curiosity, what is this ring's VDI in the higher weighted modes like General, Sensitive or Fast? Also, it looks like it was about 6 to 8" deep.....is that about right?

Hey Jeff I did some air testing most of the search modes have this ring coming in above 92 however Deep HC, Goldfield and the beach modes bring the numbers down into the upper 80s hope this helps. If everybody works together we’ll figure this machine out.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dcraun said:

Hey Jeff I did some air testing most of the search modes have this ring coming in above 92 however Deep HC, Goldfield and the beach modes bring the numbers down into the upper 80s hope this helps. If everybody works together we’ll figure this machine out.

Thanks for the quick answers.

Is there a "Makers Mark" or indication of karat type. Some older rings like that one may not have both.