Steve's 2022 Australia Adventure, Part 1

I love this...

The change in your point of view provides an enlightening comparison to two stages of detecting; one where gold nuggets are the purpose and two where the gold in the experience is the point. 

And your company on both occasions was perfect.

Looking forward to hearing about your next experience.

Safe travels and say hello to JP for me please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well Steve that's life. I see a few more trips back to West Aust. The weight is only a side benefit and by the way it only gets left in a jar/safe. Only spent when the grand kids get  their inheritance from good old grand dad. Your description should at least warn the first times that all their hope of taking our gold 😉 is not easily achieve with out a lot of luck.

As for the currency a $160 AUD nugget is only worth $100 US nugget. So you win one way and lose the other way. 🙃 

• Like 5

Steve sounds like you had a great time in Australia! Very informative write up for anyone wanting to go there and a reality check to go along with it. I already decided long ago that if I ever went to Australia it would be first and foremost for the sight seeing and experience and gold found would just be icing on the cake. Looking forward to seeing what improvements Garrett will make to the Axiom as far a sensitivity goes and what that will do for depth.

• Like 4

Steve out of curiosity, did JP say at all in your conversations that he had the EMI fix done to his 6k or was he using a new one?  Thanks.  We haven’t heard from him in so long.

On 10/11/2022 at 5:42 PM, afreakofnature said:

Steve out of curiosity, did JP say at all in your conversations that he had the EMI fix done to his 6k or was he using a new one?  Thanks.  We haven’t heard from him in so long.

As far as I know he just bypasses the external speaker, and uses either headphones, or his booster with separate speaker setup (pictured above). We talked about the update, and he never mentioned getting it done. But bottom line is I do not know for sure. He is the primary field tester for Minelab, so he may have tested and approved it, for all I know. He also may not be able to talk about that. He and Tim are still out and about, and he may or may not chime in at some point.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

HI super write up as per usual.I thought the same when i went to Oz in 2019 thought about big chunky gold and gear at a much cheaper prive.End up getting a SDC on a free loan ,followed @goldrat everywhere ,found  2 pieces!So small i wanted to cry......but i detected 1.5 days and trip was cheap as wife was traing for work there.

BUT GOLD WAS THE EXPERIENCE,the people ,the terrain,the culture around gold(met 1 gold miner) and the food(had some weird berries jams).

I will be back 

RR