Minelab Manticore Update Today (oct. 11th 2022) From Minelab U.S.A.

Gerry you and maybe one other dealer of Minelab I know that when you open your mouth what you say is true . That’s because you been there and done that whatever it’s relating to. 
 Some may say it’s not fair you got your hands on this new detector by Minelab called Manticore. I don’t think Minelab picked you on your good looks . Heck if that’s the case I’d be first to receive it .

They know you would put that detector through every test possible in the allotted time you were given. I know it’s to your advantage to know all about anything you sell . In your case I think personal pride of knowing all about the Manticore so you in turn can relay your knowledge on to a customer.

It will be interesting to hear all the responses we’ll get here when people start getting the Manticore in their hot little hands. It’s already 70 pages of speculation on the Manticore on this forum but on other forums is excitement like a dead horse.

I’m not sure if I’ll buy the Manticore as of yet but Minelab makes such great detectors a force come over me saying buy it buy it.

You know the rest of the story!

Chuck 

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this detector myself.  Silver coins here I come, I'm coming to get you!

I do believe they took the vibrating handle and torch idea from Nokta's detectors like the Simplex although I'm glad they did, good features to have.  For me I'd be happy to just have the vibrating handle and no headphones for underwater use, we have crystal clear water so a vibrating handle and looking at the target ID's is perfect for me.

If Coiltek make coils for it I hope they do the 15" round after it's taken a diet, their existing Nox one was stupidly heavy and it didn't need to be, they also need to make a 5" round or 6" round if they must for it, if they do both those coils I'd be happy, and added bonus would be a 17x13", that'd really make me smile.

Hopefully it's not too far away....   why are we waiiiting, whhhhhhyyy arreee weee waaiittinnggggg...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Gerry you and maybe one other dealer of Minelab I know that when you open your mouth what you say is true . That’s because you been there and done that whatever it’s relating to. 
 Some may say it’s not fair you got your hands on this new detector by Minelab called Manticore. I don’t think Minelab picked you on your good looks . Heck if that’s the case I’d be first to receive it .

They know you would put that detector through every test possible in the allotted time you were given. I know it’s to your advantage to know all about anything you sell . In your case I think personal pride of knowing all about the Manticore so you in turn can relay your knowledge on to a customer.

It will be interesting to hear all the responses we’ll get here when people start getting the Manticore in their hot little hands. It’s already 70 pages of speculation on the Manticore on this forum but on other forums is excitement like a dead horse.

I’m not sure if I’ll buy the Manticore as of yet but Minelab makes such great detectors a force come over me saying buy it buy it.

You know the rest of the story!

Chuck 

Chuck, Part of why I didn't post any sooner on DP was the fact that Minelab USA really had not provided any info.  Now that they have, I figure it's time.

You are 100% correct about the looks and I still can't figure out why you are not on their front page.  You're the sexiest guy I've replied to today on DP, well Phrunt might give you a run for your money.

Interestingly.... Minelab USA management in recent yrs has told us they would rather dealers not test new products.  Management says our field testing is not accepted by the general public as we sell the product.  Well I agree somewhat if you view many of Minelab dealers and their overall lack of detector knowledge.  In my opinion, many dealers are worthless stumps waiting for the phone to ring and they can hopefully make a sale.  Luckily Minelab came up with a plan a couple yrs back and asked who wanted to be a "Detexpert".  The USA team is 95% Equinox.  Well at least they know 1 detector to promote.  Sure wish they would find a few more "Gold Detexperts" since Minelab is known for such detector models.  What's amazing is if you took all those USA Detexperts and added all their gold nugget finds, what would their nugget weight be?  Maybe marketing is missing something, again?

Yes I'm looking forward to sharing it's capabilties and the knowledge we learn from swinging it for the uses my team and I will be putting it through.  We'll then share some of that here on DP.

Thanks for thinking highly of my staff/I.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Well it’s finally about to happen.  Minelab has updated US dealers with a confirmed Price $1599 and Part #.  YIPPIE!!!!

1AManticore.thumb.JPG.c0f9ecc25e93fe1877cdc3e7ba50af98.JPG

This must mean that things are starting to come along and hopefully we see/hear updates more frequently as the production moves along. 

1FManticore.JPG.7e66c79c6c3b6ef25ea64f2a78a3375a.JPG

I’m looking forward to this new model and finding out how good it really is.  My Staff members and I will be doing our part using it in a variety of states, terrains, hunting styles and situations so we can come up with our own conclusions of how it stacks up to the competition.  We also provide this hard earned and sometime long hours of use.. info to our customers to help them make the right choice for their next detector investment. 

Here's a bone for you all who already own the EQUINOX and waterproof headphones.  YES they will work on the Manticore as well.

Not many dealers are as well rounded in a variety of metal detecting hunts of different treasures as my Field Experts.  We’re also the same guys who’s been offering “Metal Detector Basics” for the new and “Advanced Gold Detector Training” for the Nugget Hunters for the last 25 yrs.  I’m pleased to announce we’ll be doing the same with the Manticore and those customers who purchase from us.  Be sure to view my website Calendar of Events right after the New Year to see what options we provide for you in 2023.

And again, Gerry’s Detectors will be offering the 15% Military Discount to all active and prior US Military.  As a Veteran myself, I feel privileged to honor and help those who have served, to get the next detector in your hands.  You earned it and so might as well take part in the additional savings.

Here’s some of what we have learned so far. 

Overview

• MANTICORE with Multi-IQ+ is the most powerful, fastest, and precise metal detector in Minelab’s history.   Interestingly, they did not say it’s equal to the Equinox, E-Trac or even CTX-3030.  Boy that’s a pretty bold statement, but as always Minelab has been able to back it up, so I expect nothing less.
  • The heart of MANTICORE is its super-charged Simultaneous Multi-Frequency (MULTI-IQ+) engine. This feat of innovation generates an incredible 50% power increase over the best-selling detector series of all time: EQUINOX.  I wonder how much depth increase (if any) that will equate to?
  • When combined with advanced 2D Target Identification (ID) and rich audio options, the detectorist has every bit of vital information arriving at their eyes and ears. I’m thinking more to the ID system of the very popular E-Trac and CTX 3030, which I missed on the Equinox.
  • MANTICORE is an unrivalled detecting experience that pushes the boundaries of detecting to deliver more power, more depth, and more finds.  Yet to be confirmed, but with Minelab Engineering track record, I’m sure it’s just a matter of time, maybe even days/or weeks?

More info

• MULTI IQ+:  Minelab’s revolutionary technology has 50% more power than traditional models and is the highest-powered simultaneous multi-frequency machine on the market.
  • FAST RESPONSE:  Identify your targets quickly and confidently to efficiently sort between trash and treasure with exceptional target separation performance.
  • POWERFUL 2D ID MAP:  Identify your targets with greater visual and audible target insights.
  • ENHANCED DISCRIMINATION: Exceptionally accurate target ID allows you to accept or reject finds quickly and confidently.
  • WIRELESS AUDIO: Clearly detect with audio controls set specifically for you in order to identify targets confidently, reduce noise and identify trash.
  • ULTIMATE SEARCH MODES: Over 10+ preset search modes allow you to set the stage for success, with the ability to customize up to 10 unique modes tailored to your specific needs.
  • UNRIVALLED CONSTRUCTION & WATERPROOF: Powerful yet lightweight, Manticore weighs only 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs.) and includes a three-piece, compact Carbon-Fiber shaft system. Waterproof up to 16 ft (5 m).
  • INTUITIVE CONTROL: The large LCD panel allows for easy viewing and clear navigation control.
  • BOOSTED EMI IMMUNITY: In challenging environments, improved EMI rejection uses higher sensitivity to isolate targets.
  • CHOICE OF COILS: Comes with the M11 (11″ Round Double-D coil) and choose from M8 (8″x5.5″ Elliptical Double-D) and M15 (15″x12″ Elliptical Double-D) coils.
  • LIGHTING & VIBRATION: Detect even when the sun goes down with features such as Control Box Flashlight, Display Backlight with Auto Adjust, Backlit Keypad and Handgrip Vibration.
  • CLEAR AUDIO: Built in external speaker allows for crystal-clear audio and comes with Low Latency Wireless Headphones.
  • BUILT TO LAST: A three-year warranty with software upgrade capability allows detection far into the future.

I’ve been warned that the detector release could be similar to that of the Equinox series.  Those units came into the US in small allotments and then were divided amongst the dealers and how many we ordered.  I assure you and just like with the Equinox rollout, I should be able to get more units to my customers faster than many others.  Getting on my Pre Order List should be your priority so be sure to email me at gerrys1det@gmail.com  No money down needed at this time.

So it looks as if Minelab has taken some features from 3 of their top selling/performing VLF type detectors (E-Trac, CTX 3030, Equinox) and combined them with new technologies and improvements for the ultimate do it all detector.  From someone who has had fantastic results and success with all 3 of those models and most recently the Equinox, I’m extremely excited.  Just take a quick peak of Equinox treasures I shared in the few pics, just to give you folks an idea of what I’m expecting and then some.1MEQA.thumb.jpg.fb1ea152c44d8cdca93f7d578af8d449.jpg1MEQB.thumb.jpg.e20b617c42dde7490e255a45a49feecf.jpg1MEQC.thumb.jpg.0d72c2203f33673a314247ab6e8e79db.jpg1MEQD.thumb.jpg.8252cda2e182bf6c3e3b2fcb5008971f.jpg1MEQE.jpg.a2de87126a2da5482bae80f48087c5b4.jpg1MEQF.thumb.jpg.7fc5be99d39c68fd678586a2ebb0d05f.jpg1MEQG.thumb.jpg.94173dd3130278fa76abe900ad92f7c2.jpg1MEQH.thumb.JPG.4a8e1091e2e9076efb6249378b3462f8.JPG1MEQI.thumb.jpg.a8aa49883cab438e8e0778c1e00c0cfd.jpg1MEQJ.thumb.jpg.e1392a2b136965768046477a12da93f2.jpg1MEQK.jpg.eef40e82d1d210b2a28076a7b8fcdac2.jpg

Some of my eye/ear catching from above info we've been provided so far....

- VIBRATION Mode built into the handle.  I actually look forward to this feature and know of a few folks who will be very happy.  They have taken this from the pinpointers and I feel it’s a nice bonus to have.  Hopefully the rest of you enjoy it as much.

- 2.9 pounds is the advertised weight.  Heck that’s fantastic as it’s now even lighter than my Equinox.  I’m a big fan of carbon fiber as well and glad to see they went this way for the Manticore.  No more issues for us guys in the salt water for hours at a time.

- Coil size selection.  I’m a big fan of the small 6” round for the EQ and CTX and even bigger fan of the small 6” Ellip found on my VLF type gold detectors.  Minelab says a new 8” x 5/5” semi ellip.  Pretty excited for this one as many of us like the ellip and the heel/toe pin pointing and into rocks/brush and other tight areas.  I’d hope CoilTek is working on a smaller coil as well as a 15” round for ultimate depth.

Did I mention that we just don't sell detectors, we live with them?

Looking forward to earning your business and helping you become successful.

Thanks, Gerry

208-345-8898

Gerry's Detectors

www.gerrysdetectors.com

Gold Nugget Detector Field Training

Gerry, you mention a new Minelab "8" x 5/5" semi ellip" coil from Minelab...Is this 8" x 5.5" ? Any details on that? Looking forward to a small Minelab coil! Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Don't worry Gerry, Detspurts come and go, hand picked people with a big Youtube or Facebook following, they're mostly just marketing people.  The old school forum users all know where to get advice on detectors from and I'd rather listen to what you, Steve, Nenad or even JP have to say about a detector than I would a Detspurt, that's where the real knowledge comes from especially when it comes to gold prospecting with a detector. 

Nokta stooped even lower and has their Nomad's some of which know less about using a detector than 90% of people on this forum, but they're great for marketing with their social media presence.

It's a sign of the times...  knowledgeable techy types that really dig deep into the technology and try to understand it intricately and are honest about positives and negatives of detectors are not ideal for marketing.  I'm glad Garrett has utilized you and Steve for the Axiom, wise decision, there are other less desirable people they've used in the past for such things however again, more social media popular.

As for the Manticore I'm looking forward to your reports on it or anyone on this forum really, I'm avoiding watching the current marketing videos, I flicked through a couple when they were first released to the public but the videos were not for me, I prefer to wait for forum members to express their views on products, that information is far more valuable to me.  I've put my order in already, well as close as you can to that in NZ, they have my name to contact me when they have one for me.  I'm very excited about this detector, I never thought I'd find a detector to replace my Herbert the Nox, this one looks to be it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

Really looking forward to this detector myself.  Silver coins here I come, I'm coming to get you!

I do believe they took the vibrating handle and torch idea from Nokta's detectors like the Simplex although I'm glad they did, good features to have.  For me I'd be happy to just have the vibrating handle and no headphones for underwater use, we have crystal clear water so a vibrating handle and looking at the target ID's is perfect for me.

If Coiltek make coils for it I hope they do the 15" round after it's taken a diet, their existing Nox one was stupidly heavy and it didn't need to be, they also need to make a 5" round or 6" round if they must for it, if they do both those coils I'd be happy, and added bonus would be a 17x13", that'd really make me smile.

Hopefully it's not too far away....   why are we waiiiting, whhhhhhyyy arreee weee waaiittinnggggg...

Yes I too enjoy the vibration mode on other detectors and pin pointers.  I do the same thing when detecting in water and it's a great feature that many will enjoy on the Manticore.

Coil options and selections for a quality detector are the backbone of what helps make that particular detector so popular.  Smaller is better on tiny gold, really rough terrain and trashy sites. A small 5 or 6" is ideal.  I feel the same way on the 15" as you, it is a little heavy.  Heck if Minelab can make a coil so light for the GPX-6000 and Garrett can make a coil so light for the Axiom, then yes I feel Minelab and Coiltek should make the same lighter design coils for the new Manticore.

We're waiting because we need to sell all the Equinox detectors sitting in warehouses.  Once that is done, then we'll be provided with the Beast.  Heck, I'm joshing....have no clue.  I do know the Equinox price point just dropped $100 here in the US last week and that is a fact (from $999 to $899).

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, CoinShooter1 said:

Gerry, you mention a new Minelab "8" x 5/5" semi ellip" coil from Minelab...Is this 8" x 5.5" ? Any details on that? Looking forward to a small Minelab coil! Thanks in advance!

Yes the 8" tall x 5.5" wide coil is an option for the Manticore.  I have yet to confirm if it will be as an accessory or in part of a package?  From 25 yrs of selling Minelabs I would think it and other size coils comes as an accessories, just like the Equinox currently does.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 11:43 AM, phrunt said:

I never thought I'd find a detector to replace my Herbert the Nox, this one looks to be it.

Simon, I quit saying that 30+ yrs ago.  I've learned to accept new updated technologies, software, lighter/stronger materials and even brands.  Who would have thought Nokta/Macro and XP would become who they are today.  But at the same time, 20 yrs ago I would have never expected White's to fold either.

Detectors are tools and some of us just have to try them for ourselves and see.

Hopefully the Manticore lives up to it's Beast name.  I'm not really worries as Minelab has yet to flop a machine in the 25 yrs I have been using/selling them.

• Like 4

Certainly sounds like a good machine but nobody rides  on their laurels in my world...

This whole "if I know Minelab" line of reasoning does not take me very far.  

It''s like the guy who says he is having converstations with bigfoot (speaking of beasts): 

"extrordinary claims require extrordinary proof."  

cjc

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Minelab Manticore Update Today (oct. 11th 2022) From Minelab U.S.A.