Minelab Manticore Update Today (oct. 11th 2022) From Minelab U.S.A.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:11 PM, cjc said:

Certainly sounds like a good machine but nobody rides  on their laurels in my world...

This whole "if I know Minelab" line of reasoning does not take me very far.  

It''s like the guy who says he is having converstations with bigfoot (speaking of beasts): 

"extrordinary claims require extrordinary proof."  

cjc

Not so fast my friend...Come on Clive, you of all people know Minelabs history.  Near 7 pounds of gold/platinum ring recoveries, all the books you have written and more of them for the brand Minelab, as well as all the Minelab detector models you have had success with.  I'm calling you out buddy. 

You and I both know their track record speaks for itself.  You and I know there is not 1 detector company that has been close to what Minelab provides or as close to a track record of Successful detector upgrades.  Sov, Xcal, Explorer, E-Trac, CTX 3030, Equinox....all of them are proven winners and you know it.  Heck that is who so many people old school guys still like some of the old school BBS FBS machines- they perform.

I'm not saying every model they make is the best at all tasks, you know I'm smarter than that and so are you.  But the buck stops with success and we know who the king new technologies that actual perform - is.  I'm not saying others don't make great products because they do, but their track record is not there my friend.

I give credit where due and you my friend have most gold recovery of anyone I know.  Hats off to you for your dedication and hard earned saves as we know it takes time and much trash removal.  Well earned.

BTW,  When it your next Cancun vaca?  I'll be down in Dec.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:07 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Well it’s finally about to happen.  Minelab has updated US dealers with a confirmed Price $1599 and Part #.  YIPPIE!!!!

1AManticore.thumb.JPG.c0f9ecc25e93fe1877cdc3e7ba50af98.JPG

This must mean that things are starting to come along and hopefully we see/hear updates more frequently as the production moves along. 

1FManticore.JPG.7e66c79c6c3b6ef25ea64f2a78a3375a.JPG

I’m looking forward to this new model and finding out how good it really is.  My Staff members and I will be doing our part using it in a variety of states, terrains, hunting styles and situations so we can come up with our own conclusions of how it stacks up to the competition.  We also provide this hard earned and sometime long hours of use.. info to our customers to help them make the right choice for their next detector investment. 

Here's a bone for you all who already own the EQUINOX and waterproof headphones.  YES they will work on the Manticore as well.

Not many dealers are as well rounded in a variety of metal detecting hunts of different treasures as my Field Experts.  We’re also the same guys who’s been offering “Metal Detector Basics” for the new and “Advanced Gold Detector Training” for the Nugget Hunters for the last 25 yrs.  I’m pleased to announce we’ll be doing the same with the Manticore and those customers who purchase from us.  Be sure to view my website Calendar of Events right after the New Year to see what options we provide for you in 2023.

And again, Gerry’s Detectors will be offering the 15% Military Discount to all active and prior US Military.  As a Veteran myself, I feel privileged to honor and help those who have served, to get the next detector in your hands.  You earned it and so might as well take part in the additional savings.

Here’s some of what we have learned so far. 

Overview

• MANTICORE with Multi-IQ+ is the most powerful, fastest, and precise metal detector in Minelab’s history.   Interestingly, they did not say it’s equal to the Equinox, E-Trac or even CTX-3030.  Boy that’s a pretty bold statement, but as always Minelab has been able to back it up, so I expect nothing less.
  • The heart of MANTICORE is its super-charged Simultaneous Multi-Frequency (MULTI-IQ+) engine. This feat of innovation generates an incredible 50% power increase over the best-selling detector series of all time: EQUINOX.  I wonder how much depth increase (if any) that will equate to?
  • When combined with advanced 2D Target Identification (ID) and rich audio options, the detectorist has every bit of vital information arriving at their eyes and ears. I’m thinking more to the ID system of the very popular E-Trac and CTX 3030, which I missed on the Equinox.
  • MANTICORE is an unrivalled detecting experience that pushes the boundaries of detecting to deliver more power, more depth, and more finds.  Yet to be confirmed, but with Minelab Engineering track record, I’m sure it’s just a matter of time, maybe even days/or weeks?

More info

• MULTI IQ+:  Minelab’s revolutionary technology has 50% more power than traditional models and is the highest-powered simultaneous multi-frequency machine on the market.
  • FAST RESPONSE:  Identify your targets quickly and confidently to efficiently sort between trash and treasure with exceptional target separation performance.
  • POWERFUL 2D ID MAP:  Identify your targets with greater visual and audible target insights.
  • ENHANCED DISCRIMINATION: Exceptionally accurate target ID allows you to accept or reject finds quickly and confidently.
  • WIRELESS AUDIO: Clearly detect with audio controls set specifically for you in order to identify targets confidently, reduce noise and identify trash.
  • ULTIMATE SEARCH MODES: Over 10+ preset search modes allow you to set the stage for success, with the ability to customize up to 10 unique modes tailored to your specific needs.
  • UNRIVALLED CONSTRUCTION & WATERPROOF: Powerful yet lightweight, Manticore weighs only 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs.) and includes a three-piece, compact Carbon-Fiber shaft system. Waterproof up to 16 ft (5 m).
  • INTUITIVE CONTROL: The large LCD panel allows for easy viewing and clear navigation control.
  • BOOSTED EMI IMMUNITY: In challenging environments, improved EMI rejection uses higher sensitivity to isolate targets.
  • CHOICE OF COILS: Comes with the M11 (11″ Round Double-D coil) and choose from M8 (8 x 5.5″ Elliptical Double-D) and M15 (15 x 12″ Elliptical Double-D) coils.
  • LIGHTING & VIBRATION: Detect even when the sun goes down with features such as Control Box Flashlight, Display Backlight with Auto Adjust, Backlit Keypad and Handgrip Vibration.
  • CLEAR AUDIO: Built in external speaker allows for crystal-clear audio and comes with Low Latency Wireless Headphones.
  • BUILT TO LAST: A three-year warranty with software upgrade capability allows detection far into the future.

I’ve been warned that the detector release could be similar to that of the Equinox series.  Those units came into the US in small allotments and then were divided amongst the dealers and how many we ordered.  I assure you and just like with the Equinox rollout, I should be able to get more units to my customers faster than many others.  Getting on my Pre Order List should be your priority so be sure to email me at gerrys1det@gmail.com  No money down needed at this time.

So it looks as if Minelab has taken some features from 3 of their top selling/performing VLF type detectors (E-Trac, CTX 3030, Equinox) and combined them with new technologies and improvements for the ultimate do it all detector.  From someone who has had fantastic results and success with all 3 of those models and most recently the Equinox, I’m extremely excited.  Just take a quick peak of Equinox treasures I shared in the few pics, just to give you folks an idea of what I’m expecting and then some.1MEQA.thumb.jpg.fb1ea152c44d8cdca93f7d578af8d449.jpg1MEQB.thumb.jpg.e20b617c42dde7490e255a45a49feecf.jpg1MEQC.thumb.jpg.0d72c2203f33673a314247ab6e8e79db.jpg1MEQD.thumb.jpg.8252cda2e182bf6c3e3b2fcb5008971f.jpg1MEQE.jpg.a2de87126a2da5482bae80f48087c5b4.jpg1MEQF.thumb.jpg.7fc5be99d39c68fd678586a2ebb0d05f.jpg1MEQG.thumb.jpg.94173dd3130278fa76abe900ad92f7c2.jpg1MEQH.thumb.JPG.4a8e1091e2e9076efb6249378b3462f8.JPG1MEQI.thumb.jpg.a8aa49883cab438e8e0778c1e00c0cfd.jpg1MEQJ.thumb.jpg.e1392a2b136965768046477a12da93f2.jpg1MEQK.jpg.eef40e82d1d210b2a28076a7b8fcdac2.jpg

Some of my eye/ear catching from above info we've been provided so far....

- VIBRATION Mode built into the handle.  I actually look forward to this feature and know of a few folks who will be very happy.  They have taken this from the pinpointers and I feel it’s a nice bonus to have.  Hopefully the rest of you enjoy it as much.

- 2.9 pounds is the advertised weight.  Heck that’s fantastic as it’s now even lighter than my Equinox.  I’m a big fan of carbon fiber as well and glad to see they went this way for the Manticore.  No more issues for us guys in the salt water for hours at a time.

- Coil size selection.  I’m a big fan of the small 6” round for the EQ and CTX and even bigger fan of the small 6” Ellip found on my VLF type gold detectors.  Minelab says a new 8 x 5.5” semi ellip.  Pretty excited for this one as many of us like the ellip and the heel/toe pin pointing and into rocks/brush and other tight areas.  I’d hope CoilTek is working on a smaller coil as well as a 15” round for ultimate depth.

Did I mention that we just don't sell detectors, we live with them?

Looking forward to earning your business and helping you become successful.

Thanks, Gerry

208-345-8898

Gerry's Detectors

www.gerrysdetectors.com

Gold Nugget Detector Field Training

You listed that there is a 50% increase in output power, what would that relate to in total transmitted output wattage?

• Like 1

Do you really want this answer rled2005?

Well, here goes.  The manual for the Equinox 800 states that the Radio Frequency Power (should be the power to the coil) is less than 30 dBm.  30 dBm converts to the equivalent of 1000 MiiiWatts or 1 Watt.  So, if the Manticore is 50% more powerful than the Equinox that would equate to 1500 MiliWatts or 1.5 Watts. 

I believe radio transmitters such as a CB radio are required to transmit no more that 5 Watts of power.  So, the Manticore is still using much less energy than a CB radio.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Do you really want this answer rled2005?

Well, here goes.  The manual for the Equinox 800 states that the Radio Frequency Power (should be the power to the coil) is less than 30 dBm.  30 dBm converts to the equivalent of 1000 MiiiWatts or 1 Watt.  So, if the Manticore is 50% more powerful than the Equinox that would equate to 1500 MiliWatts or 1.5 Watts. 

I believe radio transmitters such as a CB radio are required to transmit no more that 5 Watts of power.  So, the Manticore is still using much less energy than a CB radio.

Yes, I was just curious about any false claims. The FCC restricts the power output of any public transmitter to 5 watts RMS. Regulated broadcast stations have different guidelines.

So, would the Manticore battery have about 3/4 operation time as compared to the Equinox?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

Yes, I was just curious about any false claims. The FCC restricts the power output of any public transmitter to 5 watts RMS. Regulated broadcast stations have different guidelines.

So, would the Manticore battery have about 3/4 operation time as compared to the Equinox?

The reps have been saying typically 9 hours of use on the Manticore before it needs a recharge (7 hours for that).  The Nox, I believe, was being advertised as 12 hours.  But the Manticore is supposed to have more battery power than the Nox so I assume it is also drawing more for other features as well.  I think you can connect a power block to either to extend the usable time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2022 at 7:54 AM, cjc said:

Cancun--a bit lawless for my tastes these days--probably okay though. 

Its true, Minelab have been inovators and the R&D has paid off but I have to say that with the NOX (a machine  I've had good sucess with) M/L's  smuggness surrounding the leaks has put me off them as an organization.  (I'm on my fourth brain--the last of which I've had to buy).  If success translates into a lack of humility--I'll take mediocre.  This whole "only .4% leak"  line is horseshit--my experence alone negates it.   Same with the CTX--even after the bulkhead was changed, I can't run this machine with a lilthium cell as I've just thrown so many away--at $200 a pop.  These guys acted as if they were doing me a huge favor by standing behind their $3000 product.  And as you said--"me of all people"--studying these products and trying to teach others these specific types of equipment handling tricks and safety measures.  How many of my (otherwise well planned) trips have these two  detectors ruined?  Quite a few . 

I also disliked this whole "army of yes-men" enviroment that surrounded the NOX when it came out.  I've  seen the face of a new hunter who has come out from his first water hunt to see a screen full of water.  

Also even with all the implicit advertising and promotion I've contributed by teaching others how to get the most from their products (and avoid needless warantee repars)  this organization has always treated me like a "prevailing wind" --selecting guys with a few year's experience over me to be brand ambassadors.  (Not that I care to be one at this point).  It's my job to "call em like I see em"--maybe that's why.   

It's funny--my competitor promotes that his books are "factory authorized"  --I promote that mine arent...I write about the whole detector--good and bad--turns out thats what you end up dealing with in the field, hmmm?  My readers expect more from me than "ra, ra."  

It's also why I hang out here--Im not the only one who tells it like it is.  

I'll spit out one more saying:  "better to have questions to which there arn't any answers than answers to which there aren't any questons."

Regards 

clive 

Don't get me wrong--Im as excited about this detector as the next person.  But I also need reliabilty.  No amount of hype can sell me a machine that is not reliable.  

cjc

• Like 3

On 11/16/2022 at 12:53 PM, cjc said:

Don't get me wrong--Im as excited about this detector as the next person.  But I also need reliabilty.  No amount of hype can sell me a machine that is not reliable.  

cjc

Buddy,  I'm totally with you on the leak issues.  It's funny as the amount of CTX-3030's I personally had leak, yet my 1st NOX lasted 2 yrs before a leak.  Now I'm not here to say their % numbers are right or wrong, but for the amount of then that I sell (hundreds) and the few that leak, I'm quite pleased.  I guess the reality is the style of detectorist.  Guys like you/I who are in water to our chin all day long will have a greater chance than those who shallow water wade.  I seriously feel post covid NOX are not as well built as early ones. (my opinion) I conclude this based on the amount of machines my staff/I had submerged for hours while on trips vs in the last 2 yrs.  Same amount of machines each yr but more issues since Covid?

You know me well enough, not a YES man.  But the reality is their technology is some of the best.  Not saying it's the best, as the new Deus II is a great detector, but guess what, that machine can leak as well and I have proof.  In fact, I have never had a detector that was said to be 100% and it never leaked.  Sure the old tank size detectors didn't leak as much, but my poor arms, back and shoulder couldn't get as many hours a hunt either.

Again, I feel you/I have the same water detecting styles and yes we have both had detectors leak and ruin part of a trip. Funny how we now have to take 2 detectors on each trip.  Who knows how well the Manticore will hold up but I do expect it to do better than the NOX.  After all, the NOX was better at keeping out water than a CTX.

Either way, we'll both own one because that's what's in our DNA.  How long with they go without flood and is the extra finds made worth it?  Only time will tell.

Just curious, have you gave up on Caribbean hunts?  Sure beats our winters and even summer water temps any day.  Plus the eye candy is good for the old ticker...  Chunky Dunk in Idaho 45 degree waters or skinny dip Cancun 75 degree waters... We must be crazy gezzers Clive..but at least we have fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 3:17 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Just curious, have you gave up on Caribbean hunts?  Sure beats our winters and even summer water temps any day.  Plus the eye candy is good for the old ticker...  Chunky Dunk in Idaho 45 degree waters or skinny dip Cancun 75 degree waters... We must be crazy gezzers Clive..but at least we have fun.

Still waiting for you to come down to my winter haunts, the water temp rarely gets below 88 degrees! .....You can bring my new Manticore!!! 😁

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 11:30 AM, CoinShooter1 said:

Gerry, you mention a new Minelab "8" x 5/5" semi ellip" coil from Minelab...Is this 8" x 5.5" ? Any details on that? Looking forward to a small Minelab coil! Thanks in advance!

Not until they get caught up with orders will we start learning the cost of accessories and different coils.  Should be hearing something real soon.

• Like 1