Minelab Manticore Update Today (oct. 11th 2022) From Minelab U.S.A.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:40 AM, rled2005 said:

You listed that there is a 50% increase in output power, what would that relate to in total transmitted output wattage?

That's for engineering types to say.  In days of old Minelab would use terms like "up to 30%" or such.  This time their wording changed and so I have no clue.  The bottom line, there really is to many variables to give a depth.  Soil conditions, size of target, recovery speed, coil size, target metal etc.

I'm expecting we'll start hearing of depths and comparisons very soon.

13 hours ago, midalake said:

Still waiting for you to come down to my winter haunts, the water temp rarely gets below 88 degrees! .....You can bring my new Manticore!!! 😁

That just might happen but I need to have one in my hands as well.  Just to make sure, do I have you on the list?  We're expecting some news to come out in the next week or 2.  Hopefully it means there's movement of the Manticore.

26 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

That just might happen but I need to have one in my hands as well.  Just to make sure, do I have you on the list?  We're expecting some news to come out in the next week or 2.  Hopefully it means there's movement of the Manticore.

I figured there was no way to get one before I checked out for the winter, so I did not bother getting on any lists.
My friend in Mexico has some pull and will get one before most people in the U.S. will. Soon as he gets it, we will be putting it through Mutiple tests. But you could still bring one down.....it's a long winter!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 4:17 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Buddy,  I'm totally with you on the leak issues.  It's funny as the amount of CTX-3030's I personally had leak, yet my 1st NOX lasted 2 yrs before a leak.  Now I'm not here to say their % numbers are right or wrong, but for the amount of then that I sell (hundreds) and the few that leak, I'm quite pleased.  I guess the reality is the style of detectorist.  Guys like you/I who are in water to our chin all day long will have a greater chance than those who shallow water wade.  I seriously feel post covid NOX are not as well built as early ones. (my opinion) I conclude this based on the amount of machines my staff/I had submerged for hours while on trips vs in the last 2 yrs.  Same amount of machines each yr but more issues since Covid?

You know me well enough, not a YES man.  But the reality is their technology is some of the best.  Not saying it's the best, as the new Deus II is a great detector, but guess what, that machine can leak as well and I have proof.  In fact, I have never had a detector that was said to be 100% and it never leaked.  Sure the old tank size detectors didn't leak as much, but my poor arms, back and shoulder couldn't get as many hours a hunt either.

Again, I feel you/I have the same water detecting styles and yes we have both had detectors leak and ruin part of a trip. Funny how we now have to take 2 detectors on each trip.  Who knows how well the Manticore will hold up but I do expect it to do better than the NOX.  After all, the NOX was better at keeping out water than a CTX.

Either way, we'll both own one because that's what's in our DNA.  How long with they go without flood and is the extra finds made worth it?  Only time will tell.

Just curious, have you gave up on Caribbean hunts?  Sure beats our winters and even summer water temps any day.  Plus the eye candy is good for the old ticker...  Chunky Dunk in Idaho 45 degree waters or skinny dip Cancun 75 degree waters... We must be crazy gezzers Clive..but at least we have fun.

Kind of reminds me of a wider problem.  If you say something loud enough and gather enough support in so doing--it passes for the truth.  The problem is realy a lack of--credible argument.  Instead there's this system of patronage--of vested interests.  The truth is that you can't hunt as a pro in the water with either one of these detectors--and for the price they go for you should be able to.  

cjc

• Like 2