Great Headphones For Equinox..

With my $200 win on a 'scratchy card' which I received as a reward for recovering a ring, I've bought myself a new set of headphones for the Equinox.. They caught my attention because of the curly cord and the waterproof connection to the control box.. They'll make a big difference when detecting in the surf or preventing rouge waves from flooding the connection when I put the detector down on the beach.. Compared to similar headphones they're also a bargain, costing just $59 (Ozzy dollars).. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/384118312800     

Screenshot 2022-10-13 083730.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-13 083806.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-13 083845.jpg

• Like 6

Nice headphones Erik, and that was a very interesting story behind the reward. 👍

I'm not a fan of wired headphones, but those look comfortable and light. DetectEd makes great stuff.

I'm pretty happy with the Deus 2 bone phones, I know a lot of people don't like them but they are the only corded phones I've ever comfortably used. The cord is "long enough" and stiff enough to stay out of the way, especially if I keep it behind my head.

Good on ya and best of luck!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 11:36 AM, F350Platinum said:

I'm not a fan of wired headphones, but those look comfortable and light.

I guess these headphones are semi-wireless as they also have a waterproof connection with the Equinox's WM08 module.. At least I won't be tethered to the detector..  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

I guess these headphones are semi-wireless as they also have a waterproof connection with the Equinox's WM08 module.. At least I won't be tethered to the detector..  

True but remember, just as these phones themselves are not designed to be wetted or submerged as the waterproof connector only protects the phone's connector against water intrusion, the WM08 is not designed to get wet (it has no official water resistant rating and Minelab explicitly states WM08 is not waterproof, despite having the same "waterproof" headphone receptacle as the control pod).  So if you are using the WM08, make sure it is attached to you in a place where it can't get regularly wet (wave spray, rain) or accidentally submerged (if you take a tumble in the water or get hit by a rogue wave and drench the WM08).  Otherwise, the phones look decent for wading in calm hip deep water such as a bay or inland water way without wave action (and where you won't likely step into a hole and dunk the phones themselves), but not so great in wave action above the knees or where you might accidentally take a tumble in the water, and you could use them with the WM08 with similar precautions against getting the WM08 wetted.  I'm probably not telling you something you don't already know, but when you emphasized waterproof connection with WM08, just wanted to make sure you were aware that doesn't mean the WM08 itself is now protected from water intrusion when using those phones plugged into it, it will still be vulnerable to water damage, just as if you plugged in phones to it that don't have the waterproof connector. FWIW.