Ian Brings Me Deep Bling And Coins

Interesting. Did you try way up high on that small beach? If I don't get much at low tide, I work higher up until I find some goodies. With the storm removing about a foot of sand, I would have expected you to find more. As for the claim jumping couple, I'm wondering why you didn't walk up to them and tell them you are leaving since this beach only gave up 6 gold rings today. πŸ˜†

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Interesting. Did you try way up high on that small beach? If I don't get much at low tide, I work higher up until I find some goodies. With the storm removing about a foot of sand, I would have expected you to find more. As for the claim jumping couple, I'm wondering why you didn't walk up to them and tell them you are leaving since this beach only gave up 6 gold rings today. πŸ˜†

Were it that the small beach had a "way up high", at it's widest it's probably 50', and it's maybe 150 feet long. 😡 I found the coins and the ring at the "cut" the waves had made. If I want to find the deep stuff I would need a PI detector. πŸ˜€And a detectorist to swing it πŸ€”

I don't know if they found much but they left a lot of holes. The larger beach is a "bargain" beach, mostly cottage rentals and small motels. I've found 4 tungsten carbide rings there this year but that's it.Β 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Good hunts, F350, and that space-bling is pretty cool! I bet you found more than the claim jumpers did.Β πŸ˜‰

Thanks Cap'n, I realize the finds are scant but I do it to illustrate to anyone new to the hobby that you must never think there's nothing left, and always follow your hunches. πŸ™‚ Beaches are often replenished with new finds, and after a major storm the older stuff beyond the reach of a VLF can be exposed.

Well I sure found all the holes they left on the beach. πŸ˜€ I'm pretty sure they considered me a jumper. 🀣 They went nuts! Probably did them some good. I just stayed in my spot. When they left I found stuff they didn't πŸ˜€

I've decided that I'm not a huge fan of water hunting. It's all slow motion, and often frustrating if your target is under a big rock or old piece of wood in 4 feet of water full of stinging jellyfish. 🀬

I'm also eagerly looking forward to @steveg's new Deus shaft, as I'm sure many of us are. I have one of his for my Equinox, and it handles water and sand a lot better. Too late for this year but hope to hit the beach running with it next spring. I told him I would even forego the camouflage if I could get one sooner! 😁

Β 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like the space shuttle. Pretty cool though. Next year I'm sure the beach will restock and another set of adventures will begin and maybe you'll have a PI!!!!

• Haha 2