Hello From Texas!!!!

RubenAlonzo

The Manticore will be an excellent detector, I have no doubt but I can't imagine it will be twice the price better than a Legend or Nox 800.   I will suggest getting your feet wet with a solid mid priced unit and spending a little extra to get a good pin pointer and quality digging tools for your local type of ground.  You never know, your wife may get the detecting bug too!

• Like 4

@JCRthat is sound advice sir. Most likely I will stick witht he Equinox 800 or the Legend and simply get all the little extras, bag, pinpointer etc and maybe save a few dollars in the process. I am still going to wait until i see the reviews on the Manticore though, that new screen tech looks intersting.

• Like 1

Ruben , If I were you I would save some money and go with the Equinox 800. Why? Because it is a proven machine and has the extra features of tone breaks and adjustments that the 600 does not have. It will cover all of the bases when it comes to a solid all around machine. Use your extra money on something else, such as a digger or a pin pointer, which I would recommend a Garret . These choices are solid and will find you a plethora of really cool stuff. Please do not get wrapped up in all the hype of things that could be. Just focus on detecting and learning what your finding, Including the good and the bad. All of of us here, No matter what our skill level is, We always find more crap than good stuff. I hope you will make a great choice and help us all promote this addictive hobby. May the Gods bless you and THANK YOU for your service.

• Like 1