Another great hunt for you and it makes me jealous because I just can't get off work to get out there.

I sort of thought that had to be your house from looking at all the holes in the grass, or you have a really bad case of moles going on.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I sort of thought that had to be your house from looking at all the holes in the grass

That's part of my weed farm. 😁 No holes, just Bermuda grass and Zoysia melting out, it turns tan/brown in the fall. When we bought this house I spread 200 pounds of tall fescue so it would look nice for our wedding, which it did. In 2011 we had a long drought that took a lot of it out, it gets overwhelmed by the wire grasses anyway so I decided to just go with what grows like most do here.

If it rains enough in the summer I have to mow it twice a week. 😵 Always have to leave my grass chute open.

No moles but I do have a skunk with a tiny Grubicore detector nighthawking the yard for grubs. It leaves holes everywhere. 😀

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Another nice haul, Bob, and congrats on the gold! I'm curious, what did the gold ring up number wise?

I used the Equinox and 10x5 that whole trip, it was a 7/8.

Air tested it with the Deus 2, and got 89-93. Definite dig on both! It was in the grass, so air tests are accurate.

• Like 2

Excellent wrap up post !

Silver AND gold is a good hunt any day .😳

I'm in a campsite , in the fairground .

My junk finds and a memorial dug so far are being cleaned on my back bumper.

By all the rain and 40kt wind that I am also in.

But power is still on here and I'm using it for the heater even though it's 63* and now I'm looking at the Nox and wondering if I should put on the Grunden's and just do it ! 

Me crew is already outside sayin' "get out here you Caw Caw Caw Caw" !

Me thinks they might just be complainin' cuz their breakfast was raw raw raw raw ???

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference...

• Haha 4

Hey, that's a great haul. Nice getting gold ring. Looks like a fun hunt.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Hey, that's a great haul. Nice getting gold ring. Looks like a fun hunt.

It is fun, but I'm wiping it out. 😵 Good thing the event field and tot lots get replenished. There are some areas I haven't been in yet. 🤔

• Like 2

Took the ring to a jeweler today, they verified 10k and garnet stone, they cleaned and polished the ring but said it was too old to steam the garnet to remove scratches. They said it would shatter. They didn't charge me, so I'm fine with that. 🙂 It looks great.

• Like 4

Come on! Show us a photo of the cleaned ring. We all want to see a close up of it.

• Haha 1