Indian Silver?

Nice silver! Maybe someone's initials and (20)22?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice ring! Been looking through Indian silver makers' marks and haven't found that one, but it's a start:

https://www.medicinemangallery.com/native-american-art/indian-jewelry/identify-native-american-indian-jewelry-hallmarks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hard to explain without a lot of words, but the ring has no characteristics of Indian silversmithing, and the turquoise is nothing special. But it's a great find and a strong design!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yuba,

I share your skeptical view based on the lack of quality workmanship.  Perhaps it is just a south of the border knockoff?  It does not say .925.  It only has a few stamps on it and the turquoise is rather inferior compared to the boldness of the ring.

What do you call that type of 'cross?'

Mitchel

That's a good one, I'd take that any day of the week. I like gold but there is just something about silver that makes me smile, pretty sure it did the same for you. Great job.

Mitchel,

I've no idea what kind of cross that would be called--elementary? Don't think it's S of the Border, perhaps a jewelry class?

A  couple years ago you posted a great travelogue about going to Downieville that I'm sure many people enjoyed. Going to Dville used to be no big deal for me when I dredged 10 miles down river in the 80's. Now it's a real excursion from N Central Nevada and I appreciated your route details and pics. doesn't actually take that long. 2 years ago we camped at Indian Valley along route 49 and I was able to show a couple Brazilian guys from the Bay Area how to pan gold--they loved it!

Joel

• Thanks 1