Sd2200d Question

bamajoe

I have an old sd220d that I bought at a very good price a few years back..I powered it up when I first got it, but have never used it as we don't have much gold here in Alabama.My question is, can the sd2200d be used to detect for coins similar to the TDI?  Thanks

Set the old Sd220d up in my shop...Got use to the tones,so that , I felt that I could discern the non-ferrous from the ferrous.I was setting all adjustments toward silver rather than as normally set for gold and it appeard to be working in my shop...Then I carried it out to an old  '40's - '50's football field. Tried canceling the noise several times without success..The threshold was so noisy that I couldn't adjust....set CCW to all the way CW could not tell where the threshold was....It worked good in my shop... I tried it just guessing at the threshold setting and it detected deep but I couldn't discriminate anything...couldn't hear the deep targets...Steve, is this the reason you recommended reading about your write up on the GP3500? Is the GP3500 better at handling the EMF noise from external sources?Still looking for something to open up hunted out places that I have found good targets in the past...Any help appreciated...Thanks