Ear Buds That Fit Wm08 Module.

dsb

Cant find the buds i used last year (dont remember brand) that i found in the junk drawer.  Been searching but nothing so far.  Seen the  XP Waterproof Headphones with 1/8" Jack and wondered if they would work.  Old set of Apple's only work if i hold them in but spring back when i let go. Thanks

I've never used my WM08 but I wonder if something like this might help if the plugs just don't seem right?

https://www.amazon.com/MyCableMart-Adapter-Female-Stereo-Connector/dp/B00U1SSLYS

• Like 2

I use a set of ear buds that came with a Roku for the remote control with my WM08 module. They work great.

• Like 2

I use Bose Soundsport earbuds (a version/model no longer made) with the WM08 which work fine.

Is your plug a straight or right angle?  Sometimes the latter doesn't have a long enough straight section which keeps them from fully inserting. 

I'm modifying my Sunray Pro Gold headphones right now, replacing the 1/4" angled plug with a 3.5 mm angled plug.  Turns out the plugs I bought a while back aren't going to work if inserted straight into the ML Equinox 800 (i.e. without any wireless transmission), for the reason just mentioned.  I'm anticipating that the upcoming ML Manticore won't be as friendly as the 800 -- i.e. if you don't like their included ML-105 headphones (and/or the latency of their new proprietary[?] wireless), you're either going to need to use a 3rd part transmit/receive system (e.g. Garrett Z-Lynk) or just go the old-fashioned route and plug headphones directly into the control unit.  ML may decide to provide (for a fee) proprietary earbuds as well, but if the system actually is proprietary (still not clear, IMO) then the options are going to be limited.

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be a standard for the lengths of the plug sections.  As a result, some fit so loosely that they don't seat well and cause cutouts.  That's the case when I plug a 3.5 mm male to 1/4" female into the WM08.  In that case the 1/4" side has the problem, not the 3.5 mm side.  But maybe what you are experiencing is similar.  (I use some nylon 1/4" washers as shims to take up the slack -- that works.)  We shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get compatibility for what should be standard mating....

• Like 2