Hello From Indiana!

glacialgold

Hi folks!

Long time lurker, first time member here. I live down in the hills of south central Indiana and get to enjoy easy access to some of the better-known gold prospecting spots in the state. I've also started getting into the metal detecting hobby recently, and am really enjoying taking my Equinox 800 out to the local schools and parks, and to whatever private permissions I'm able to obtain. 

Can't say I'm an expert by any means, but I've booked a few pickers on the gold prospecting front and a little bit of silver on the detecting side. Looking forward to reading and learning from all the experienced posters here!

• Like 8

Welcome, glacialgold, from a fellow Hoosier detectorist!  It can be tough sledding around here for both gold and silver, but just like everywhere if you can find the unkown (to others) locations there's still some good finds to be had.  Sounds like you've found a few places which haven't been cleaned out.

• Like 2

Hey, welcome to a fun and informative forum. Had two stints in Ind back in my working days, one in Lafayette, and the other in Evansville. Youngest son, in fact, was born in Lafayette. Good luck with your gold and silver endeavors. HH Jim Tn

• Like 2

Sounds like you live in an interesting area.

Welcome from East Texas.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and glad to see you here.

Really looking forward to seeing some of your finds when you get a chance.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 2

Welcome from N.E. Kansas!  You've come to the right place to better learn the ropes of using your metal detector, and some great discussions on panning for gold.  We will be looking forward to discussing about some of your future finds in Indiana.

• Like 1

Welcome my friend, Glad your no longer a lurker!! I look at it this way if you are into the hobby and are making a go of your conditions then you have conquered the hurdle. Consider yourself part of our team and we ALL look forward to your finds and comments. Thanks for joining DP, It's a great place!!

• Like 3

Welcome Double G,

Glad you finally stepped in for a chat! Used up all my "likes" today already, but I can give as many of these 👍👍 out as I want! Good luck, and be seeing ya!🍀👍👍

• Like 1