Compulsive Exam For USA Prospector Entering Australia

Crikey, GJ I think most of us OZ prospectors would be deported for failing. I got the Bob Hawke one and RRs 17........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Compulsive Exam For USA Prospector Entering Australia
2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

But what happened to the two planes in #77 ?????

The crew are out looking just in case....🙄🙄🙄🙄 

I had to know as well, so I googled it. The planes became stuck together one on top of the other. 3 of the 4 crew bailed out and the pilot on the top plane figured out he could still maneuver the planes and was able to make a successful emergency landing. The plane on top was able to be repaired and put back into service. 

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

8 hours ago, geof_junk said:

8. Australia was the second country in the world to allow women to vote (New Zealand was first).

Not quite true. Indigenous women didnt get to vote until 1962. New Zealand only allowed vote but not standing for office. Finland allowed all women to vote and stand for office 1906.

• Like 3

Wyoming Territory beat everyone by a good margin (1869). We were the first government in the world to grant full voting rights plus right to hold political office to women. It was insisted upon in our application for statehood in 1890 too and carried into our acceptance into the Union (all other states rescinded these rights to apply for statehood). There was nothing in the act banning native women or women of color from voting but in practice back then, who knows. Our motto is "the equality state" for that reason though.

True we were only a territory and then state, not a country, but NZ and AUS were self governing colonies, which in ways was similar to a territory and state.

Esther Morris

• Like 5

Esther Hobart Morris

Esther Hobart Morris
Died April 2, 1902 (aged 87) Cheyenne, Wyoming, U.S.
Nationality American

Occupation

Justice of the peace
Known for being the  first female judge in the United States of America.
  • Like 3