Silver Bonanza

Those are some really nice coins.

• Like 2

Your onto a great location!  Keep at it!

• Like 1

Wow Fogrider, you have some great places to hunt. 👍 Really glad for you!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

The guy I was hunting with then and I dug over 100 silver coins in a month, it was really unbelievable.

Great story!

I think an old Boy Scout camp/picnic site would be a worthy site to hunt.

• Like 1

Well done Foggy, One of my best spots for silver was an old lake area/ Picnic grove. Take your time and hit it over and over. Your fun is just beginning!!! Look for older trees with branches that are low to the ground, adults and kids love to dangle from those. I can not wait to see what comes up next.

• Like 1

With that much silver, you have a great place to hit over and over again. When you run short on easy targets, then try some iffy ones. You may be surprised what turns up. Great hunt.

• Like 4

On 10/18/2022 at 7:13 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

...We detected on spot that was an old scout/church picnic/camp area and it was loaded with silver.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:31 AM, fogrider said:

I think an old Boy Scout camp/picnic site would be a worthy site to hunt.

17 hours ago, jim tn said:

That they are.

You guys got me thinking I need to return to one I hunted not long after I got the Eqx (and 6" coil).  It was gnarly with overgrowth which discouraged me at the time.  The camp was supposedly not opened until the mid-1950's and I rationalized I wouldn't find much in the way of old coins, but I've since hunted several schools from that same time period which did produce silver.  Thanks for the reminder -- when the leaves are off the bushes I'll give it a go with the 5"x10" Nox coil -- it's due to produce something for me.  😁  I'm going to have to rig up a closed bottom cover (at least) for it, though.  The vegetation there will drive an operator with an open coil right up the wall (err., tree).

• Like 3