Silver Bonanza

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

You guys got me thinking I need to return to one I hunted not long after I got the Eqx (and 6" coil).  It was gnarly with overgrowth which discouraged me at the time.  The camp was supposedly not opened until the mid-1950's and I rationalized I wouldn't find much in the way of old coins, but I've since hunted several schools from that same time period which did produce silver.  Thanks for the reminder -- when the leaves are off the bushes I'll give it a go with the 5"x10" Nox coil -- it's due to produce something for me.  😁  I'm going to have to rig up a closed bottom cover (at least) for it, though.  The vegetation there will drive an operator with an open coil right up the wall (err., tree).

The camp/picnic site I mentioned was totally overgrown.  The first two trips there we hunted under trees that for whatever reason didn't have weeds/overgrowth (both of us had ten silver days on those hunts), but subsequent hunts required weed whacking, moving fallen trees and branches, etc.  Each time we'd clear an area, sure enough we'd find more.  Apparently we did a pretty good job, as I've gone back a few random times over the years, and returned with nothing to show for my efforts.  Maybe it would be worth taking the Equinox back, but the guy I hunted that site with was using an Etrac, so I doubt the EQX would find anything his Etrac or my F75 LTD would've missed, but then again who knows.  I did hunt it with the AT Pro at the end, and it's pro mode with iron audio helped me make a nice find that the F75 missed, and it was real oddball signal.  I wished I'd recorded more of our detecting experience out there, but this was eleven years ago and we weren't too into making detecting videos yet, but I did capture this particular one: 

By the time we were finished, it looked like the camp site could've been reopened for business 🙂

• Like 5

Probably the best condition coin I ever found. 1958 dime. My birth year. UNC condition.

Not bad for 64 years in the ground...

thumbnail_20221020_204332.jpg

• Like 3