Minelab Manticore Update Today (oct. 18th. 2022)

I'm trying my best to share the knowledge as Minelab USA provided it to us.

I found out the other day, those of us who enjoy the Equinox 600 and Equinox 800, their waterproof headphones are 100% compatible with the Manticore.  Now this is interesting.  The wireless headphones are not the ML 80's as is on the Equinox.  They are also not the ML 100's as we have on the GPX-6000.  Something new for us and probably better than the others.  Let's hope.

Today (Oct. 18th) we get to see what's Included. 1Mant0.jpg.387cf85b9d50bdf9c3c861022cd991a9.jpg

I realize this does not answer all questions but at least it gives us an idea that we'll be getting our initial shipments of a simple package similar to the Equinox 800.  It will come with detector, an 11" DD coil with cover and wireless headphones with case.

33Capture.thumb.JPG.ae89954ed6985293dbe54f93403632f3.JPG

Anyone see anything missing that you expected?

1Capture.thumb.JPG.9145739cdeedd913bedfa5032d7ac1ce.JPG

Again, if you have not put your name on a list, let me know.  Just like with many other detectors in the past, I usually order more than most and get them to customers sooner.  My 25 year Minelab track record speaks for itself.

Manticore5.thumb.JPG.e901c2a3c3a8ab39c0877c2fcffe40d2.JPG

2Capture.thumb.JPG.62001c2f93b2ec2ef5b2c569ddf0ab7b.JPG

Thanks,  Gerry

• Like 9

Already on the list with you Gerry.  Hope you get a bunch of them in the first shipment!

I'm wanting the 8x5.5 coil too.  Hope they are available soon after the Manticore ships.

- Dave Affleck

• Like 4

You would think for the price the cheap mongrels could include the 8x5.5 coil in the package, they even include 2 coils with the Vanquish that's extremely cheap compared to the Mandible.  Talk about taking us for a ride, oh well, getting one anyway 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Does this mean that the 11 inch coil will go as deep as the 15 inch coil on my 800?  😁

• Haha 2

Dave - I hope to get a bunch.  Heck, even if they only send me a small partial of my order, that will cover those on my list.  My list is not as big as last time and I wonder if it's the Economy?  As for the smaller coil.  I was told all accessory coils will come later as they are mainly working to get the detectors out 1st.  This is pretty standard on new release detectors.

Simon - You cheap Mongrel,🤣 trying to get an extra coil out of them.  This coming from a guy who has purchased more detectors than 95% of the people I know.  Yes it would be great if they did in fact offer it as "Introductory Sale".  But you and I know, they could have offered it for $1999 and I think many would purchase it anyway.  Seems the $1600 price point is right on with the Deus-II though and that seems to be it's competition.  

Mitchel - Well most certainly.  After all "It's a Minelab Beast".😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

For what my opinion is worth I’d always go for a somewhat smaller coil than what most detector companies offer on their new detector. I’m not saying the norm 11” coil don’t have its place but all my detecting area is not all beach front property.

I’m sure others and Minelab know most people will want that smaller coil so that’s a automatic sell for them.

I say if was to do some beach hunting I’d probably go with a larger coil than the 11” one.

Some people out there may be saying I’ll just wait until Minelab is offering that smaller coil so many of us are wanting.

I know myself I have the Nox 800 with both small coils . I’m more than happy with that great detector and because of that I can sit back to let Manticore catch up. The catch up is for the Manticore small coils before I buy.

I’m sure that day will come!

Chuck 

• Like 5

I think that an 11" coil like... the standard Manticore coil is a good and especially effective compromise between depth and separation.. which is really visible in modern technically advanced detectors with recovery speed settings... .., where the 11" coil... it will really do its job in detection... because it is very effective in detection...
Of course, if Minelab Manticore will have other additional coils available at the time of its release - that will be another plus...which will increase the sales of this detector even more.

As Simon mentioned... for example, a Manticore package with two coils might be a really good idea..

• Like 6

My Legend has a clock!!!  Why can't I get a frickin clock in my Minelab detector???  Just blowin steam.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

My Legend has a clock!!!  Why can't I get a frickin clock in my Minelab detector???  Just blowin steam.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

The Legend is a "Legend" = It's a historical detector.  Old school my friend and irrelevant.  The Manticore is a BEAST and it needs no time.  It can be late and or early to wherever it wants to hunt.🤣  All pun aside you do bring up a good point.  But then again we'd have to learn how to set it.  I get enough calls as it is trying to figure out how to do a Factory Reset.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4