Minelab Manticore Update Today (oct. 18th. 2022)

yup, they have them in stock $17 each for the Manticore processor.

And just like that, I’m on the list.  Thanks Gerry. 👍

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 6:48 PM, UT Dave said:

I actually wouldn't mind an hour meter.  I won't miss it either, though.

But a clock...  No.  Detecting time is like fishing time, or hunting time.  No clocks.

- Dave

An hour meter.  You mean like running hours?  My truck shows how many running hours?  That is kind of interesting concept but then those of us who hunt many hours and then want to sell our old detector for the new model Manticore, we'd have to swing it backwards for many hours to get the hour meter to show "low miles" meaning we get more $$$.

We could have a contest to see who hits the 1st 1000 hours on their Manticore and what all did they dig?

Is kind of interesting thought though.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

That could be a good thing are a bad . Like you being you spend lots of time on one you may have to pay us to take it off your hand. The warranty is not in years anymore. It will have a pace meter so every time you swing it the meter clicks. Then after so many clicks your warranty is out.

Gerry in 6 months I’ll let you pay me to take that Manticore off your hands. I’ll let you down easy. We’ll discuss what’s easy then.

Chuck 

PS I’m just all heart ❤️ 

• Haha 1

The contest idea would make a good promotion for your shop or even Minelab themselves. Kind of like what Garrett does in their Searcher magazine.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 8:43 PM, phrunt said:

https://www.nordicsemi.com/products/nrf5340

nRF5340System-on-Chip

Dual-core Bluetooth 5.3 SoC supporting Bluetooth LE, Bluetooth mesh, NFC, Thread and Zigbee

1915169003_nRF5340aQFN947x7stacked_web.gif.fed3939f31c5efb7b27772830da249b6.gif

Pretty robust BT chip, geesh with Zigbee we could network our Manticores together and w/NFC we could use them to buy lunch 🙂

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

An hour meter.  You mean like running hours?  My truck shows how many running hours?  That is kind of interesting concept but then those of us who hunt many hours and then want to sell our old detector for the new model Manticore, we'd have to swing it backwards for many hours to get the hour meter to show "low miles" meaning we get more $$$.

We could have a contest to see who hits the 1st 1000 hours on their Manticore and what all did they dig?

Is kind of interesting thought though.  

Exactly what I meant.  A run time meter.  

Swinging backwards reminds me of a couple of pickup trucks I leased years ago.  I put big tires on them to get around better out in the desert and such.  Did not correct the speedos.  Did not have to pay for the several thousand miles over the lease agreement I put on them.  😂

- Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/18/2022 at 4:37 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Dave - I hope to get a bunch.  Heck, even if they only send me a small partial of my order, that will cover those on my list.  My list is not as big as last time and I wonder if it's the Economy?  As for the smaller coil.  I was told all accessory coils will come later as they are mainly working to get the detectors out 1st.  This is pretty standard on new release detectors.

Simon - You cheap Mongrel,🤣 trying to get an extra coil out of them.  This coming from a guy who has purchased more detectors than 95% of the people I know.  Yes it would be great if they did in fact offer it as "Introductory Sale".  But you and I know, they could have offered it for $1999 and I think many would purchase it anyway.  Seems the $1600 price point is right on with the Deus-II though and that seems to be it's competition.  

Mitchel - Well most certainly.  After all "It's a Minelab Beast".😆

Has anyone asked if the Equinox coils will work on the Manticore?

they will not, that's very unlike Minelab to allow cross platform support, that's not how you make money  🙂

• Like 2