J W Fisher Pulse 8x

It's been around for decades, I remember seeing it in "Into the Blue" with Jessica Alba and that's from 2005.

Their boat towed metal detectors are pretty cool

• Thanks 1

That would be perfect for that guy in Pocatello Idaho a year or two ago that was searching for lost gold bars in a river or canal.  Assuming it isn’t going to pick up every little thing and just make the whole thing light up the entire time. 
I go to Greece sailing and have refrained from bringing a detector mainly so I don’t ignore the company I am with but also I don’t want to end up in jail for a spell for removing antiquities. I would love to get my hands on one and drag it around to test it out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 2:31 PM, mn90403 said:

Very old school diving PI, no ground balance, in same class as Garrett Sea Hunter. Lack of ground balance would make it useless for gold prospecting.

I was a dealer for J.W. Fisher back in the day. People often confused them with Fisher as a company, but two totally different outfits. The towable units are what the company is really about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to J W Fisher Pulse 8x

Minimum pulse delay on the Pulse 8X is around the 40uS……forget finding small gold rings. Fortunately my 1989 Garrett Sea Hunter has been tweaked to a nice 20uS starting delay (which is similar to the current Sea Hunter MK2).

Don’t bother asking JW for the official pulse specs as they will not provide it to anyone. I feel they are trying to gain some sales from the beach and shallow water hunter and their advertising kind of implies that. 

Not sure where to ask this as I see Fisher here.

Fisher released a water PI recently the AQ Pulse yes!?

Very crazy light and were going to do so with an inland Goldfields one.

Does anyone know how far it's off?

4 hours ago, Smigo said:

Not sure where to ask this as I see Fisher here.

Fisher released a water PI recently the AQ Pulse yes!?

Very crazy light and were going to do so with an inland Goldfields one.

Does anyone know how far it's off?

In regards to Fisher releasing a gold prospecting model based on the Impulse……I would confidently say it is well and truly OFF.😳