A Fortunate Find After An Unfortunate Start

Oh man, you are getting into the good stuff now. Awesome find. Don't know if I'll ever find one of those. 38 deg a little cold for me.

• Sad 1

Great find Bob, But I as a FRIEND I have to say you suck. That F***ing coin is killing me. It remains on my not found list. I've found some awesome oddball coins over the years but for some reason this little bastard will not show its face. All kidding aside my friend, that's really awesome and hope you find a couple more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

That is a fantastic hunt.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Don't know if I'll ever find one of those. 38 deg a little cold for me.

Thanks Rick, I have a condition in my feet and hands called Raynaud's, when it's below 50 degrees the blood drains out of them, and when they finally warm up the pain is excruciating. Can't let that happen!

My doc gave me a drug that opens blood vessels and helps a bit, as do the wool socks I wear in my boots. Of course movement is a way to keep things going. I wear Milwaukee insulated cut level 1 nitrile gloves in the fall and winter, when it gets really cold I use the cut level 3. I have heated gloves and socks but because of the EMI I can only use the gloves on a break. For some reason the socks are ok.

IMHO the only way anyone will ever find a Trime is to first be in an area where it's likely to be, in this case an 1800s farm with a horse barn. The other one I found was on a farm, and the half of one I dug was near a very old race track, again on a farm. It's one of the most difficult to find, but it's the easiest to lose! 🤣

The Equinox is great at finding small thin stuff, I have yet to prove the Deus 2. The trick is to dig everything that brings up a 16/17/18 on the screen. This Trime had a piece of perforated metal near it that itself was a 5, so it introduced an iron grunt along with a nearby small blob of iron. However, the 10x5 was able to find it.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

30 minutes ago, dogodog said:

Great find Bob, But I as a FRIEND I have to say you suck. That F***ing coin is killing me. It remains on my not found list. I've found some awesome oddball coins over the years but for some reason this little bastard will not show its face. All kidding aside my friend, that's really awesome and hope you find a couple more. 

🤣 You've been killing me with Roosevelt dimes for a year now man, payback is rough. 😁 I now only have one of them. 😵 Like you say, ya gotta get your coil over it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JCR said:

That is a fantastic hunt.

Thanks JCR, I really didn't think it was going to be. 🤪

I have Raynaud's Syndrome too. In the winter I use hand warmers in my boots and gloves. My dad had it too. It started when I was 16. My fingers and toes turn white in the cold too. Before it started I never got cold lol. I could go ice fishing and scoop the ice out of the holes with my hands and not get cold. Now just a temperture change going lower can turn my fingers white sometimes. I don't take anything for it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

Just now, Rick N. MI said:

I have Raynaud's Syndrome too. In the winter I use hand warmers in my boots and gloves. My dad had it too. It started when I was 16. My fingers and toes turn white in the cold too. Before it started I never got cold lol. I could go ice fishing and scoop the ice out of the holes with my hands and not get cold. Now just a temperture change going lower can turn my fingers white sometimes. I don't take anything for it.

Sucks, doesn't it? I've had it all my life, didn't know it until about 10 years ago. Thought everyone had that problem. 😀 Good thing it never became an issue while I was in the Army. 😵

I use Diltiazem because I don't often need it for my heart, despite issues with that. It's a calcium channel blocker that opens up blood vessels supposedly helps and for me no side effects. Luckily walking around swinging a detector and digging is strenuous enough to keep me warm. I typically will not go out if the temperature is in the 20s. Doesn't get that low mostly here in VA.

• Like 2

Two trimes now -- that's quite a feat.  Luck plays a part but the fact that you dig these where ring tabs show up on the dTID scale -- many others would miss that, including me when I'm not realizing those mid-18th Century coins might be present.  And, yes, they sure are tiny!  How deep was yours?  1851 is first year of issue (which ironically tends to lower its value relative to other years).  My memory indicates someone else found one of these recently (abenson?).  That's the only year that had one produced with a mintmark (-O).  It would be to the right of the roman numeral III.  I don't see one but that area is pretty dark from scaling.  This one was in great shape when dropped.  It might clean up but that's always an iffy topic.

Is the lead 'button' a hem weight?  Too bad for the condition of that token.  3 1/2 cents??  That seems very unusual which could make it valuable (maybe even in the three digits) if in better shape.  Still, should be fun researching it.  Does the other side show anything?

Those levers look like they could be from faucet valves on a bathroom sink.  If so they likely should have teeth in their openings.  (Or are they too small for that use?  Can't tell from the photo -- needs some scale...)

Excellent group of finds for a day's detect.  And I bet there's more.  (nodding)

• Like 4