A Fortunate Find After An Unfortunate Start

3 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

That's a great hunt, congrats on the trime!  

Your gilt button would probably clean up beautifully if you took a Qtip dipped in lemon juice and gently cleaned the front.  I've been amazed how well it's restored 1800's gilt buttons

Thanks Cal, what a fitting tribute to the "When life gives you lemons" cliche. 😀 I do have some lemon juice, I'll give that a try. 👍 I really thought this hunt was going to be a disaster. 😳

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

bee lined in my direction

Haha, and then felt guilty and left the area. I only came back when you moved out of it and I really didn't find much else 😀 I was curious to know if you found the spot, you do have a "tell" of sorts...

No worries, I have yet to polish up my grid search stakes. 😁 I couldn't have been more thrilled when you got that 1650 Cob at the other place. There are other areas opening up, I have a lot of skill sharpening ideas for the future, even an old detector shootout. Unless I get more permissions I have to leave something, even for me! Regardless of the acreage there are only a few really productive spots within them. I appreciate the company and knowledge.

I still have to find that old barge landing, and I'm thinking of knocking on some doors now that it's getting to be ok to do so. I was going to talk to a farmer I saw yesterday, but my wife told me it wouldn't be a good idea to talk to that individual. 🤔 OnX Hunt is a valuable resource, and she is my go to because she's a walking "who's who" here.

Looks to me like you did quite well, got the only "real" coin that day, and those round buttons are awesome. 👍 the "unrecognizable round thing" is some sort of tack stud, I got one with the leather attached, and another yesterday.

Thanks for coming down! 🙂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great work on the trime and other items.

I noticed that the 800 nails any silver in the factory settings and that is how I have 2 of them myself.

Both were down almost 6 inches but the 800 rings out loud and clear on them or any silver.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay warm out there.

Thanks VL!

You're always saying I should be faithful to the Equinox, couldn't agree more. It's a matter of interpreting the "fruit salad" of IDs that will guarantee success along with digging a lot of crap 😀 there's no shame at all in sticking with what you know, and in my case, can afford. 🤔 Apparently the Equinox is still the big "game changer". 🙂 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Haha, and then felt guilty and left the area. I only came back when you moved out of it and I really didn't find much else 😀 I was curious to know if you found the spot, you do have a "tell" of sorts...

I know, I'm just busting chops and probably walked over that button myself.  I had my shot and am thankful to you for the invite.  Don't recall ever getting skunked at your sites, Bob.  See you next time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Sweet trime find ! 

OMG about 80% of the target IDs here at the fair have been 16 + 17  on the Nox! Guess I'll have to start over.......😲

I think it's the addition of the "18" that gets ya one. 😀 Good luck RVP!

58 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

THX 

If I see an 18 , I'll be havin' whatever it is !  🤩

This place has been here since 1855 , it can't all be junk and clad...

Here's the thing. From 1851 to 1853, Trimes were 75% silver. After that they were 90%. In this picture the two Trimes and the seated half dime were 16/17/18 on the Equinox, despite the dime and 1857 Trime being 90% silver. I've had a mercury dime do that too. 😵20221020_183334.thumb.jpg.ab2ffd43dc889ce51dfc7464f7ff0df4.jpg

To make it more fun, the 1852 piece in the center was a 20/22. 😀

I do not know why they don't sound off around 30, but that's been my experience so far, and why I always dig a 16/17/18. Yeah sometimes it's junk, or a really nice pull tab, but I'll dig 1,000 of them to get one of these! 🤣

• Like 4

I wish it wasn't true but have been spending more time working on mom's car than detecting .

I found 1 Roosie !  a 1967 . 

Awwwww sorry kid, no cigar . Go to the end of the line and try again !

1000/1 ratio ,,,sounds reasonable😲

("I'm a man but I can change , If I have to , I guess.")

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Trime? What's a Trime? We don't have those in Florida!!🤣  Bet i have a better chance of finding a 1715 Fleet coin, than a "Trime?" here!!!

All kidding aside, I was very happy to hear you "pillaged🏴‍☠️" another! Hope there are many more for you, or someone🙄 to find!! Among all the other great stuff your hunts produce! And don't let Chase get all the goodies! I've got a much longer drive, but leave something for me! I'll visit eventually... And your welcome to all "my" beach "permissions" anytime! And you can bring friends along; even Chase!😜🍀👍👍

BTW, your posts, and responses/responders, are killing all my "likes"!  Steve, throw a guy a few more; (dozen)!!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3