Monster Broken

billdean

My Monster 1000 has finally gone bad. I was thinking it might be the coil so I put on the other one but does the same thing  It is so unstable I just can’t use it anymore. It has always been knock sensitive but this is not that. Once turned on the slightest movement makes it go off and it never shuts up. I have put in a repair order to Minelab and they said send it in. I have had it for 4 or 5 years so its not under warranty. I just don’t know if is worth repairing. The cost to ship it there and back plus the repair cost. Has anyone had any dealing with Minelab with out of warranty products? I have a Nox also. I kind of like using the Monster as a pin pointer though.

• Sad 1

Maybe clean the coils connector plug on the detector side with some alcohol or something, can't hurt and it could possibly be the problem.   

• Like 2

Thanks Phrunt…….There is actually someone alive out there. I will give it a try.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bklein said:

Can it be taken apart or is it sealed up like the equinox? I’d be interested in buying or a trade perhaps.

It can be taken apart very easily.

On 10/25/2022 at 7:09 PM, billdean said:

Thanks Phrunt…….There is actually someone alive out there. I will give it a try.

Have you done a factory reset? Turn on your GM 1000 by holding the power button down for at least 10 seconds....

• Like 2

Thanks again Jeff! Kicking myself now! I forgot all about the factory reset. I sent it in to Minelab for an estaminet of repairs. 🤦‍♂️

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/6/2022 at 8:52 AM, billdean said:

Thanks again Jeff! Kicking myself now! I forgot all about the factory reset. I sent it in to Minelab for an estaminet of repairs. 🤦‍♂️

Any update?

650.00 to repair it with no warranty. I bought a new one with my military discount   

• Oh my! 2