Strange Silver... Coin Or Jewelry Or Both

That is what you suspect. A worn dime smoothed off & turned into a charm.

• Like 3

That's what you call a love token,  popular in the late 1800's. They took coins and smoothed them out to make their engraving and gave them to a girlfriend or someone they fancied. Kinda rare, I've only ever dug one. Very cool you should be very proud of that find!! That's what you call one of a kind. Thanks for posting that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff again Cap'n. 👍 Spent the day messing with the SS program myself, my finds were not as spectacular. However, I'm searching a very trashy part of a very old place. I did manage to also find a padlock 😀

Cool silvers, doggo got you a great answer. 👍

I really think @Rattlehead has something here for cherry picking the good stuff! For sure iron is rejected very well. (I thought invoking his attention is justified) 👍 Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. I don't follow any YouTubers but I do bookmark his videos, have for a while.

That's a pretty cool knife too. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks F350! I'm glad you got to play with the SS program.😉 I think @NCtoad was one of the first to use it and post his amazing find on here.  It's a keeper for sure and thanks again to Rattlehead! 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice love token those are rare finds....your kicking it out there. The ring looks old too...gonna try the SS program. 

Strick

• Like 2

Very nice finds once again from your spot.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Like 2

Great relic hunt. I like the bb gun or toy gun. Nice silver too. Nice display of the finds and nice sharp photos.

• Like 1

Wow! That is an extremely cool and unique find CPT! After more than 35 years of detecting, I've never found a love token. They're pretty rare! The .925 ring and the other finds are great too! Congrats man! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1