Used Silver Slayer Today, Works For Me

I'm glad you got to try th SS out F360. I'm still playing with alternate version for different types of hunts, but there's just something sweet about the original version that really separates the good stuff from the garbage. I've also been using the single frequency trick, that I read on here somewhere I think, to sort out foil, can slaw, and other mishaped aluminum targets when they ring in as a good sounding target. That has been helping alot with eliminating aluminum too. 😎

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That has been helping alot with eliminating aluminum too. 😎

I don't think the aluminum problem will ever be solved, Chase and I discussed that a bit last weekend. I too use SF particularly with the Equinox on iron, but I couldn't be more thrilled with the accuracy of this program on iron.

I won't be using SS much in this place, we've found many colonial buttons which of course all come into the aluminum range. I'd hate to miss any, so digging aluminum trash will be common here, even bits of junk metal to get a Tombac or two. The only trick that seems to work well is either lifting, or on the Equinox, looking at the depth gauge. I'm not too good with the Deus' interpretations of depth yet. If a target is 6-12" according to the Equinox, it's usually a safe dig if it disappears after lifting the coil. Not always. 😵

• Like 3

I really appreciate you guys putting up your mission posts, I've been so slack on that lately and when people take the time to do them they're an excellent read, it's fun going along for the ride with you on your missions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

I really appreciate you guys putting up your mission posts, I've been so slack on that lately and when people take the time to do them they're an excellent read, it's fun going along for the ride with you on your missions.

Thanks! At least the good Cap'n slayed some silver. 😀 I'm just showing its use in other situations. It is kinda trying to swing the detector for a long time without getting a good signal at all, but real time detecting tests are by far the best.

• Like 2

Another great hunt. You are persistent to get out there. You got some relics. I pray your feeling better. 41 deg here right now. I'm hoping it warms up enough for me to get out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Another great hunt. You are persistent to get out there. You got some relics. I pray your feeling better. 41 deg here right now. I'm hoping it warms up enough for me to get out.

Thanks, Rick. When you retire your life flip flops a bit, you find that detecting on weekdays is better than on weekends.

Took my wife out to a buffet to celebrate the Trime 😀 Think I might have had too much MSG. 🤣 We both felt like crap all day. I take her out to dinner every time I get silver or gold, it racks up the "Metal Detecting Points".

Feeling much better today, time to get out there and cut the grass and go to the dump 🤣 more points! 😁

• Like 3

At the rate you've been finding stuff, your gonna go broke getting dinners! Better start a "go feed me" fund!👍👍

Stay away from the MSG!!😵

• Haha 4

Nice digs F350! One of the things I really like about the D2 audio is that after a while you start to get a feel for the sound of round targets. The way they ramp up and down as you pass the coil over them just has a certain sound to it. Of course, we still get fooled sometimes but the Deus 2's excellent descriptive audio can definitely help weed out some of the misshapen targets. 

Sounds like an awesome site you're on there! I'd definitely lower those notches if it has colonial relics! Great hunt man!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Nice digs F350! One of the things I really like about the D2 audio is that after a while you start to get a feel for the sound of round targets. The way they ramp up and down as you pass the coil over them just has a certain sound to it. Of course, we still get fooled sometimes but the Deus 2's excellent descriptive audio can definitely help weed out some of the misshapen targets. 

Sounds like an awesome site you're on there! I'd definitely lower those notches if it has colonial relics! Great hunt man!

Well this wasn't one of my better hunts there for sure, but this farm hasn't ever been detected. The owner is a family friend, he catered our wedding. It's funny, people still talk about that! Over 100 people, a band and free booze all day. 😀

It's an old part of the county, the highway used to run on the farm side of the house. There are spots where anything is possible, from colonial to Victorian. Lots of beer cans and steel too! 🤣

I really appreciate the time you took to put these settings together. It's the first time I've used a program on the Deus 2 that "just works". Thank you. 

I'm getting curious about why this program is so accurate on iron 🤔 could we be discriminating some harmonic or response that eliminates the falsing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1