Used Silver Slayer Today, Works For Me

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Well this wasn't one of my better hunts there for sure, but this farm hasn't ever been detected. The owner is a family friend, he catered our wedding. It's funny, people still talk about that! Over 100 people, a band and free booze all day. 😀

It's an old part of the county, the highway used to run on the farm side of the house. There are spots where anything is possible, from colonial to Victorian. Lots of beer cans and steel too! 🤣

I really appreciate the time you took to put these settings together. It's the first time I've used a program on the Deus 2 that "just works". Thank you. 

I'm getting curious about why this program is so accurate on iron 🤔 could we be discriminating some harmonic or response that eliminates the falsing?

Glad ya like it man.  👍

For whatever reason, a lot of iron targets seem to false around the 85-86 range. I think it’s probably because the notching just blocks out that TID range.

Looking forward to seeing what else you find there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting.

Modern metal detectors are new to me. I last hunted in the early 1980s.

Seems like all brands require the operator to learn their detector's "voice". 

In my situation, my Nox 600 reads gold at 13-15, which is where pull tabs live. Canadian nickels sound almost exactly like certain bottle caps when operating in full mode, and only really shine at 4kHz. 

I'm learning to hear the subtle differences in signals. The light iron "grunts" of some bottle caps, and the narrow chirpy "waaah" of a coin on edge.

Cheers, and good hunting....

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, fogrider said:

Thanks for posting.

In my situation, my Nox 600 reads gold at 13-15, which is where pull tabs live. Canadian nickels sound almost exactly like certain bottle caps when operating in full mode, and only really shine at 4kHz. 

I'm learning to hear the subtle differences in signals. The light iron "grunts" of some bottle caps, and the narrow chirpy "waaah" of a coin on edge.

I love my 600, it's found all the gold thus far, probably because I happened to be using it where the gold was. 😀 I've experienced IDs from 1 to 16 that turned out to be gold.

I pretty much regard my Equinox 600 to be a first-class "pillage" device. I've been using it for almost 2 years now. I get out a lot, and have a lot of places to go. I attempt to make our vacations "convenient" for detecting too, and my wife doesn't mind.  I'm so used to it that most retrievals are automatic, if I go to a place I want to get the most stuff in limited time, it's my go-to. Combined with the excellent Coiltek 10x5 it seems like a magical machine. It's easy to use and "Just works" once you get used to it.

The Deus 2 has more of a "precision instrument" feel to me, probably because it's more like the 800, which has far more adjustability, and probably far more margin for error. 🤔 I got it primarily for its weight, water resistance, greater control, and just plain "cool factor". There are some things about it that are PITA, but I'm dealing with them. I think the charging system is the most trifling.

I don't recall seeing many "recipes" for the Equinox, maybe I ignore them. I've seen many for the Deus 1 and 2, my dealer put a bunch of Deus 1 programs on my 2, and I didn't miss them when they were deleted by the upgrade. Most of them don't work in my area, or false as much as my Equinox. I created one of my own for coin shooting, but had not put as much effort into it as Rattlehead has. 🏆

As more experienced detectorists create stuff for the Deus 2, and if XP take a hard look at it and listen to their users, maybe the Deus 3 will be a real "game changer" 😀

At present I'll take what I can get and appreciate the difference, I'm grateful to the folks that take the time to really put something together to simplify the Deus. I hope to see some sort of Relic program that "just works", I hope it's possible 🤔

• Like 2

I found the Silver slayer program a couple of months ago and have been using it ever since during most of my hunts. It is an excellent program and what I like the most is that the notching doesn't screw up the tones like notching did on the Nox 800 and I think it's because of the 0-99 instead of the 0-39. I'm no engineer but that's my theory. Anyway, if you are looking to hunt for high conductors it is what you need. If you don't find silver with it it's because you're in the wrong location or you just haven't put your coil over it yet. 

I'm going to use it in an avocado orchard this week that at one time was a labor camp of 30+ homes that is now planted to 30 acres of avocados. I've had to wait until the weather cooled a bit so as to not get bit by a rattlesnake. I want to slay silver, not snakes.

HH

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, fogrider said:

Thanks for posting.

Old school also (well old anyway) When I discriminated for coins in the 1980 I found that I got a much more relievable reading by lifting the coil as far as I could and still have a soft signal that was definite. I think that doing this reduced the ground an other target masking effect. As coin hunting is secondary to gold prospecting my detectors don't have ID facilities, so I can't say that this will help with the junk targets but might be worth trying. 

• Like 2