2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That’s MSRP, not what dealers actually sell them for here.

I still don't really understand what that is, In AUS/NZ we have a RRP which is the recommended retail price, I guess that's the same thing as MSRP.

It was always advertised on Teknetics Direct at $499, now it's jumped up to $639, still cheaper than the G2+ at $699, So now they think it's worth more than it was worth a few months ago?  I was unable to find it at US dealers, a few had it listed at the old $499 price but had none in stock and just wanted a phone call to order one in which I guess demonstrates how well it's selling.   I believe you can buy it at Teknetics direct but you'd pay the $639 they list it for on there?   They seem to have a shopping cart system on the website but I couldn't work out how to add it to my cart to see what happens.

I only brought up the T2 as I'm taking mine out for a spin today, sometimes I do that as I don't want it to seize up from never being used, so I thought I'd check if their new coil is available yet which I couldn't find then I stumbled across the price increase and was a bit shocked.  At a good low price it's a decent buy.

• Like 1

I like the T2 audio , with its 4 tones sharp and "crystal" tones , very accurate . But the T2 is too heavy for me , it weights 1,54kg . A Deus2 is half this weight and it has an excellent audio too , it is a SMF and goes deeper . Then I dont really miss the T2 too ... 🙂

I love the T2's design, other than the volume knob being on the wrong side, I find it light as it's so well designed.  I think it looks really cool too, much nicer looking than some modern detectors, if it had a nice modern screen in there with an updated guts it'd be good.  It's annoying it doesn't save settings, they fixed that on the F75 but strange they didn't fix that up on more recent T2 variations.  I like that it doesn't need an arm strap, it seems to work well without it and just bending the cuffs in a little bit and it's all good.  It's a real shame they seem to have no interest in developing the platform further.

• Like 1

Price increase hasn't shown up at Serious Detecting:

309789256_Screenshotat2022-10-22204154.png.7e2488b2154495b22eaabe1e5a86d609.png896453072_Screenshotat2022-10-22204224.png.79a0405048d8be0c5541dfd861b4b91d.png

And for those of you who got rid of your stock coil..., maybe not the wisest thing you've ever done:

1053437304_Screenshotat2022-10-22204323.png.9fbeff94e9fef1b2a77d9384a6fbf3d1.png

And, no, I didn't doctor up the ad -- that's what was posted on their site when I looked.

• Thanks 1

That 11" DD is an absolute bargain, I must get a couple of them 🙂

• Haha 2

Serious Detecting appears to be copying Kellyco the way they offer all that crap you don't need or want. I wouldn't buy anything from either place. That coil is tempting though.

I haven't shopped for a detector in a while. It looks like the major brands are forcing a lot of unnecessary free products on us now. I think that stinks. Just lower the price and leave out the free crap. No headphones please.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

Serious Detecting appears to be copying Kellyco the way they offer all that crap you don't need or want.

You might want to look more closely before taking a swipe at them.  Serious Detecting actually offers detectors in many packages, including just the detector itself.  (I didn't list the T2 at $486 since it was sold out.)  E.g. Equinox 800 for $899, Makro Legend for $549.  Sometimes simultaneously you can get a package for same (or even lower) price as the bare model.  That's the case for the Eqx 800 and Eqx 600 currently.

39 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

You might want to look more closely before taking a swipe at them.  Serious Detecting actually offers detectors in many packages, including just the detector itself.  (I didn't list the T2 at $486 since it was sold out.)  E.g. Equinox 800 for $899, Makro Legend for $549.  Sometimes simultaneously you can get a package for same (or even lower) price as the bare model.  That's the case for the Eqx 800 and Eqx 600 currently.

You're right. I see that now. I stand corrected. I just don't want the package. If they can offer a package for the same price as a bare detector, they can easily afford to drop $50 off the package price if they keep the package.

• Like 1