V6 Update By End Of Year

brys

3 hours ago, brys said:

Xp are still planning updates for d1 ,it’s far from obsolete..I still use mine ..

Yes , far from obsolete especially in fields where you dont need a deep detector , but just a machine which is fast and reactive as the targets are shallow 

5 medieval silvers found with my "test"  D2 since I have it ( around 35 hours detecting )

---> Please XP DO NOT update the D2  , I like prototypes ...  😀

DSC00283.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/23/2022 at 1:04 AM, midalake said:

They can't even update the D2 out of test mode.  

They’re working on improving iron discrim so I have been told ,which it needs

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brys said:

They’re working on improving iron discrim so I have been told ,which it needs

I've found the D2 falses on iron as much as the Equinox, if they fix that it would be nice. I'm in no hurry, it works as good anyway.

• Like 1

Is it the SMF causing the falsing in iron. I never saw so much falsing as when I got the Equinox 800. I can't stand it in iron. 

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Is it the SMF causing the falsing in iron. I never saw so much falsing as when I got the Equinox 800. I can't stand it in iron. 

I would venture a very simplistic guess that is mostly true, it's been said over and over that Multifreqency machines read "all the metal". Take for example a Tombac, which will give a low number e.g. 8/9 followed by an iron tone, because of the nearly omnipresent iron shank.

That's why the Silver Slayer program works so well to find coins, it discriminates both the iron and the false range. I'd like to see someone take the time to figure out something good for relics, I'm too interested in getting out there than testing 😀

However, I've never found single frequency to be "all that", except the lower ones (4/5 kHz) that are more prone to rendering iron as iron. I've got around a lot of it by using iron balance on the Equinox. I'm still learning what to use on the Deus, I think the 600 has been a little too easy 😀

• Like 2