V6 Update By End Of Year

brys

That's enough to convince me to get one, I don't want a Deus 2 and it's lackluster nugget performance, a Deus 1 seems more my style and good to hear it's still considered a current detector for some time yet.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

On 10/25/2022 at 4:08 PM, Rick N. MI said:

Is it the SMF causing the falsing in iron. I never saw so much falsing as when I got the Equinox 800. I can't stand it in iron. 

I agree I cant stand an Equinox( or a Vanquish ) in the irons too , but with the D2 it is totally different and it has a much better iron filtering , I can use it in iron trash without any pb , and we do have a lot of iron trash in Europe. And even more in the North of France with the 1st WW ...   

Excellent behaviour in iron trash is the XP DNA , since the Goldmaxx , Deus1 etc ... 

I hope you can try a D2 then you will probably see the difference ...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

That's enough to convince me to get one, I don't want a Deus 2 and it's lackluster nugget performance, a Deus 1 seems more my style and good to hear it's still considered a current detector for some time yet.

Unless you can get a brand new Deus 1 for like half retail or someone gives you one…..compared to Deus 2 even with its current Goldfield shortcomings, it is No Contest. Deus 2 is a much more versatile and accurate detector than Deus 1. Even Deus 2’s Mono program based on Fast is better than Deus 1 Fast just due to the many other audio features added to Deus 2 compared to Deus 1. 

If someone already owns and intends to keep their Deus 1, the promised update will be great for sure. Maybe there will be an ORX update too. 

After talking with Simon, it indeed sounds like he is getting a Deus 1 with both HF coils and both X35 coils in a trade. I would have made that deal too……way to go phrunt!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now I'm planning on getting a Deus 2 w/9" coil in the spring instead of the Manticore. It will be great in my lakes and relic hunting. Perfect coil size for the water. I love the light weight too.

Thank you palzynski. I was concerned about if the D2 was falsing in iron. That was great to hear. I needed that :).

Thank you Jeff, I needed to hear the D2 compared to D1. Great comparison and how much better the D2 is.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Now I'm planning on getting a Deus 2 w/9" coil in the spring instead of the Manticore. It will be great in my lakes and relic hunting. Perfect coil size for the water. I love the light weight too.

Thank you palzynski. I was concerned about if the D2 was falsing in iron. That was great to hear. I needed that :).

Thank you Jeff, I needed to hear the D2 compared to D1. Great comparison and how much better the D2 is.

Rick, I generally hunt with some of the iron target IDs accepted and with iron audio ON. Trust me, Deus 2 will false on steel alloy objects depending on the Silencer and Bottle Cap reject settings being used. However, with part or all of the iron target IDs accepted I also hear the iron responses from those targets. On older iron from the 18th century or earlier……..don’t know yet. Check out F350Platinum’s posts above. 

Personally, the Manticore will have to be ridiculously better than I can imagine for me to dump my Equinox 800, Legend and Deus 2 Lite!

• Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 9:22 AM, palzynski said:

Yes , far from obsolete especially in fields where you dont need a deep detector , but just a machine which is fast and reactive as the targets are shallow 

The D1 can be a very deep machine, just need to understand it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

By far the best best way to know if a detector fit your needs is to try it . The D2 WS6 MASTER is now available at a reasonable price or you might even even go for a second hand D2 ... At least at the end you ll know if the machine is for you or not ...  But honestly the D2 is a very good detector and you shouldnt be disappointed ..

• Like 2